Absolute beginner setup for zgemma H7S

When you say you have scanned, what options did you use to scan? Reason for asking is that if you have used the enigma2 scanning function, it interrogates the transpsonders listed in satellites.xml.

The channels move transponderss. There have been quite a few changes while the BBC changes all regions to HD. When you say you have checked signal levels, you really need to say which transponder you have checked.

Al Jazeera HD is on 11582, Horizontal, 22000, 5/6
When you say you have scanned, what options did you use to scan? Reason for asking is that if you have used the enigma2 scanning function, it interrogates the transpsonders listed in satellites.xml.

The channels move transponderss. There have been quite a few changes while the BBC changes all regions to HD. When you say you have checked signal levels, you really need to say which transponder you have checked.

Al Jazeera HD is on 11582, Horizontal, 22000, 5/6
So I went To menu>setup>tuners&scanning>automatic scan.

I went to ABM and update but it comes up with a message saying incompatible version?
Im thinking you need to install a later version of ABM then. Not a subject im up on i rarely use ABM.

But to help those that can direct you to a upto date version, what image are you on again ?

Which receiver and image do you have? (sorry to ask again) Answer: Zgemma H7, Vix 5.4

In the tuners and scanning option, you will find xml update. Run that. It will fetch the latest satellites.xml file
After restart, In the scanning menu, select manual scan, single satellite, perform a scan.

Can you not install a newer image?

The numbers you mentioned are not that useful. Can you please just say the channel names. You also need to endure that you can receive signal on the transponders giving you issues. Once again, people say I have good signal, but they never say which transponder they have checked

Menu > Setup > Tuners & Scanning (Or Reception/Service Searching) > Signal Finder
Tuner: Select the tuner you want to test. (Usually A)
Satellite: Select the satellite you want to test. (Usually 28.2 for people in British Isles)
Tune: Select predefined transponder
Transponder: Select the one you want.

If the transponder you want to test is not shown, this is because it is not listed in the satellites.xml. So update it. Otherwise:
Tune: Select user defined transponder, fil in the values you want to test.

If you cannot receive signal in the transponder you are testing, it is a hardware/reception issue.

Please setup signal finder as shown in my screenshot and then post a picture.

The other check to do is update satellites.xml ( using xml update)
Perform a manual scan, single satellite, 28.2
If you get less than 850 channels, you have a hardware/reception issue.

Attachments

• signal finder.jpg
    signal finder.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back