Absolute beginner setup for zgemma H7S

New Vix images on storage are now setup as ext4 automatically.
Older Images were ext3 and needed to be moved on ext4.

Newer images dont show ext4 anymore

Ahh Willo showed me the way 😂
But it is not the vix image that is ext4 but the storage device I was only asking because I had advised @tom1ie to convert to ext4 but that was info given for openatv I did not notice at the time he was running VIX.

POSSIBLE DISASTER!! I turned the box off at the main last night by accident and now it seems the H7S is stuck on “boot”
Have I wrecked the box?😩

Doubtful.

Remove all usb devices and try to boot if no luck, try another PSU if you have one.

Final resort reflash.
I’ve no USB but I do have a HDD in the back of the box- should I remove it?
PSU= power lead?

edit
powered off the box by the power button on the back of the box and removed the HDD. powered it back on and it booted up perfectly. Thanks a million Ferret. Last question-am I ok to just pop the HDD back in while the box is on or power off, then put HDD back in and power back on?

Yes, put the receiver in deep standby first before connecting the HDD. Don't just press the power button on back of box or just remove the power cable.

If you get the same problem after connecting the HDD, you need a 12v PSU with higher amperage.

As the HDD seems to be sucking up too much power to boot from a powered off state. I would either do as abu says or stop using it altogether and use a USB stick of a decent size for recording etc.

Folks, I’m back again!
I’ve lost a load of channels including bbc one al jazerra etc.
Ive rescanned but that doesn’t sort the problem- I have a lot of <n/a> channels?
If I go to setup>tuners and scanning> signal finder:
tuner A SNR=87% AND AGC=73%
tuner B SNR=87% AND AGC=71%

is this a signal problem or something?
For example on the first page of entertainment I’m missing 1101, 1105, 1106, 1107, 1108, 1109, 1110 but I have 1102 (bbc2), 1103 (ITV LONDON HD), 1104 channel 4, itv london 1111, 1112itv London +1.

When you say you have scanned, what options did you use to scan? Reason for asking is that if you have used the enigma2 scanning function, it interrogates the transpsonders listed in satellites.xml.

The channels move transponderss. There have been quite a few changes while the BBC changes all regions to HD. When you say you have checked signal levels, you really need to say which transponder you have checked.

Al Jazeera HD is on 11582, Horizontal, 22000, 5/6

Folks, I’m back again!
I’ve lost a load of channels including bbc one al jazerra etc.
Ive rescanned but that doesn’t sort the problem- I have a lot of <n/a> channels?
If I go to setup>tuners and scanning> signal finder:
tuner A SNR=87% AND AGC=73%
tuner B SNR=87% AND AGC=71%

is this a signal problem or something?
For example on the first page of entertainment I’m missing 1101, 1105, 1106, 1107, 1108, 1109, 1110 but I have 1102 (bbc2), 1103 (ITV LONDON HD), 1104 channel 4, itv london 1111, 1112itv London +1.
Update ABM and rescan.

Back