Absolute beginner setup for zgemma H7S

Ok folks I am downloading openvix-6.3.001.release-zgemmah7_multi.zip.
thanks for all the help so far I know a lot more than I did a couple of hours ago!

Ok folks I am downloading openvix-6.3.001.release-zgemmah7_multi.zip.
thanks for all the help so far I know a lot more than I did a couple of hours ago!
If you're anything like me it'll soon be gone.
If you mean using the sat dish for Freesat then you may need a different LNB if it's a skyQ installation from the past

If you're anything like me it'll soon be gone.
If you mean using the sat dish for Freesat then you may need a different LNB if it's a skyQ installation from the past
The sky dish is about 10 years old so would be before sky q if that makes any difference?
There are 4 ports on the LNB for a coaxial to be screwed into if that makes any odds?

So once I download this new version, I have to do an automatic scan of the channels and then setup epg and favourites etc is that right?
I done a backup so I can go back to the version I was using anyway in case it takes ages to setup the new version.……have to keep herself happy and she was used to the old version 😂

So once I download this new version, I have to do an automatic scan of the channels and then setup epg and favourites etc is that right?
I done a backup so I can go back to the version I was using anyway in case it takes ages to setup the new version.……have to keep herself happy and she was used to the old version 😂
Use the Autobouqetsmaker installed to sort your channels out in to groups.

Should be able to restore backup to the new image only thing might need to do is change skin

I think you can skip the auto scan just setup the tuners then run autobouqets.
So I’ve
tuner a: Si2169D (DVB-S2X)
Single
sats: 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
TUNER B: same as A
Tuner C: Si2168 (combined DVB-C/T2)
Disabled

is that correct?

Also I just restored to my previous backup to see if that worked and it did so that’s great.

Yeah tuner A & B

Single
sats: 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G

Tuner c youll use for soarview but you can leave it disabled for now

Yeah I want saorview alright so should I enable tuner c? Tuner c is for the indoor aerial yeah?
Again this is probably basic stuff- soz!
You can set the satellite side up first then do the saorview.
In the dvbc/t tuner you have to disable the cable and enable the terrestrial and set it for saorview and your region if regions are a thing over there, UK Freesat has lots of regions for local news etc

Back