Adding a extra hard drive

Bindon100

Hi was wondering if it possible to plug in a usb to this box and watch the films i have saved on it i already have a hard drive plugged for the timeshift and recording just a thought can i just plug it in and view whats on it

i was looking for a answer for this myself. you would need to format the drive to fat32 (?) so it can view the files. but i dont know what plug up would need to do it with

Yeah, format to Fat 32 and just plug in. I will ask you if you want to view the movies or pictures. Just select movies and there you go. Click on file list and you would find the movies. This is even an easier method to transfer files to your HDD rather than using FTP

Hi was wondering if i can add films to the hdd that already plugged in for recording and timeshift i noticed it will save mp4 films from the iptv player as saved ride along 2 but when i plug the hdd into my laptop i cannot view the files on it to transfer files to it is the box locking the hdd somehow as tried 2 diff hdd now and both i can veiw on the laptop i can see its plugged into it but can only eject the hdd nothing else ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes i wiped the data but still have what i wanted on it on another harddrive so was gonna just send it from one to the other via my laptop or do i have to use filezilla

Sorry if my question sound dull as fu#k but very new to this type of box what it is is i have 3tb worth of films ive saved over the last year kiddies films my fav films and tv shows and on my old box (m3 slybox ) i just plugged the laptop into the hdd and sent the films over now i can put the hdd into the tv instead but it doesnt put the films in the categories that they are saved as it just lists every one of them which with the amount of films makes it pointless as could spend a hour looking for the film i want so was hoping if i formatted it to fat32 and set up the timeshift and recording i could turn the box off plug it into the laptop and just save the files back on there but not having any of it so am now thinking i could use filezilla and send them over the network but never used it to connect to the box before is there a guide to connect the my h.2s using filezilla as have the ip address do i just leave username and password blank and press quick connect ? To link to the h.2s

Let me try to answer two questions.

Viewing Zgemma saved HDD films on a PC: The file system is of the HDD is Linux ext3 or ext4 which you cannot not view by default in windows. But you can view the files with additional software installed. Two good ones are ext2read and Diskinternals Linux read or just google "view ext4 on windows". They are mainly readers, so you can read and copy from the HDD but you will most likely not be able to write into the ext4 HDD.

Uploading Films into the Ext4 Formated HDD: The first option that comes to mind is FTP. But this is very very slow. An easier option is to use another USB (I don't think it has it has to be fat32 formatted). Sort your films into folders and connect this USB or HDD to the front panel of your box. It will give you an option to view movies or pictures. Select as required. Navigate to the drive and folder. Select "Move" (green button on Open Atv) and select the destination. This is likely going to be media/hdd/movies if you have not created any sub directory. You can easily create sub directories using Filezilla. This method is a lot faster. One point of caution though. This method is really moving the files, not copying. So it might be worth saving a copy somewhere. You might also want to import couple of different formats first and see what your box can play before doing bulk transfer.

Hi guys,

my my first post so treat me gently!,

I've just bought a Zgemma H2S sat box and am viewing the programmes fine after replacing my Sky service,

can an anyone tell me in plain English which external hard drive to buy and exactly what to do to set this box up when it arrives so I can record my programmes and access them at will?

i would really appreciate any help as I'm not very technical, a step by step guide would be most helpful?,

thanks!

Hi step by step guides are at the top of this zgemma forum just skip to the part about installing the hdd as for which one to get it up to you i did have a seagate 2tb hdd but swapped ot out for a 4tb samsung d3 station which i prefer only as it bigger but both worked great for me cheers

Back