Cable Adding a second splitter to Tuner C

NGLad93

I have recently purchased a H7C and I am currently running a coax from the white box at the wall in to a splitter and then 2 cables from the splitter to my router and then Tuner B. Could I run a second splitter so I can have a cable in to Tuner C so I can record a channel and watch another?

Yes, that will work, run the 1 cable to the box and then put a splitter in and then from there to Tuner B & C

Cheers grog, also I don't suppose you know why when I go to my recordings the layout is different to how it was on my old box? It wont let me upload an image to show you, I am using the vm red skin.

EDIT - I have found someone with the same issue and attached the URL http://www.techkings.org/attachments/20180125_183013-jpg.30926/
Yes, that will work, run the 1 cable to the box and then put a splitter in and then from there to Tuner B & C

Last edited:
vfdclock not installed in systemplugins?
I've never installed that plugin and on my h52tc displays the time as it should, even when I had a H7C I had a clock without the plugin. I'm using kiddacs skins, not sure if that makes a difference

I've never installed that plugin and on my h52tc displays the time as it should, even when I had a H7C I had a clock without the plugin. I'm using kiddacs skins, not sure if that makes a difference
Ye I never installed it on my old box or this one, all the skins seem to be fine until I install the vm hd one and the clock wouldn't show

Grog am I right in saying the h52tc splits internally so there is no need for a splitter? Meaning you can record one channel and watch another?

H52TC splits the cable feed into 2 so you can record one and watch another, however, there is only on satellite tuner, so in theory, you could record two cable and a satellite channel at once.

Grog am I right in saying the h52tc splits internally so there is no need for a splitter? Meaning you can record one channel and watch another?
yes mate, you only need one virgin feed which then splits internally for the two tuners

Ok cheers guys

Sorry guys got another question lol, how come on my epg I have some picons missing? Some are there and some arent. Sorry I am a bit of a noob

Last edited by a moderator:
I have recently purchased a H7C and I am currently running a coax from the white box at the wall in to a splitter and then 2 cables from the splitter to my router and then Tuner B. Could I run a second splitter so I can have a cable in to Tuner C so I can record a channel and watch another?

Just on a slightly different subject but how is the H7c box??? I have the h2h but looking to upgrade

If I had to do it over again o would have got two h5.2tc instead. For the same price as one h7c

The speed difference you only see at booting

If I had to do it over again o would have got two h5.2tc instead. For the same price as one h7c

The speed difference you only see at booting
Oh ok so Is that only when you notice the speed difference? I was gonna look at getting the 7c. I don’t record or anything but I guess if there are options to on the box I’d look at getting one

I don't think there's much difference in Arm and Mipsel when it comes to just watching TV but Arm are loads faster when it comes to things like making image backups, booting and menu navigation etc.

Back