Adding an external hardrive?

dee

TK Veteran
if i add an external hardrive wot does that bring to the pc, more memory i no, but does it make it faster. lol go easy in better on a bike.(y)

No. your system's speed has nothing to do with your hard drives either internal or external. It still depends on your processor, motherboard, amount of ram, graphics card and everything else that make up your PC. A fast drive might make your computer read the files a little faster than normal but that's about all that it'll do. If you want to add speed, the first upgrade should be adding more memory.

cheers noel il have a look. it was given to me by an ex house mate, home made so havent a clue, just keeps telling me my memory needs exspanding.

If you want to add memory to the pc dee, one of the pc guru`s on here will gladly talk you through it (y)

add iv seen from tesco iomega prestige 100gb hard drive, ideal for adding to your pc.

saves upto 4 million photos.

18500 songs.

1500 hours of video

all for£69.97. that sort of thing am i lookin at getting.

Everything Noel has said is correct. A Memory upgrade is the most effective means of speeding up an existing PC :)

Just make sure you don't confuse "Memory" with "Space"

All an extra HDD will do is give you more space, whereas extra memory allows the PC to process more at any given time (hence the speed increase) (y)

Use your PC to log onto This Site & use their scanner to tell you what RAM your system is using, what the max you can add to it is & you won't go wrong :)

-

cheers G will do, im new to the pc il get there with all the help i get from TK.

Back