Adding channel numbers to epg

grog68

VIP Member
TK Supporter
Hi

I am new to cable boxes having had sat or combo boxes (h2s and h2h) before and used backup images (wooshbuild and dsayers) but today I received my Vu+ Uno 4K with cable tuners and I am stuck trying to figure out how to add channel numbers to the EPG.

I am using openATV and Autobouquets maker and crossepg downloader. Everything works well, if I press the TV button and select 'All channels' then the channel number is listed next to each channel but if I press the EPG button no channel numbers are shown and if I go to setup -> Usage & Gui -> Channel selection settings 'show channel numbers in channel selection' is set to yes but there is no option to in Autobouquets Maker or CrossEPG and if I go to setup -> EPG -> Graphical EPG settings 'Service title mode' only offers Service Name, Picon or both, no channel number.

Can channel numbers be added to the epg? if so can someone point me in the correct direction please?

Warning for only for openatv 6.0 and 6.1

Epglist.py
Code:
https://github.com/davesayers2014/ATV6.0-Components/raw/master/EpgList.py
Copy all the text and past in Notepad and save as Epglist.py

UsageConfig.py
Code:
https://github.com/davesayers2014/ATV6.0-Components/raw/master/UsageConfig.py

Copy all the text and past in Notepad and save as UsageConfig.py

Now ftp both epglist.py and UsageConfig.py to usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components and save the pyo versions to desktop reboot box

once rebooted on epg press menu change Service Title mode to service number, picon and service name or service number and service name

reduce picon width to 50

Service width about 300

Please note this can break on software updates so use at your own risk. I take no responsibility for users braking there boxes using modified python files.

I have had reports of this mod not working on certain backups and I can not offer advice on it not working on these backups as they could be using there own modified files.

Last edited:
Just to add only use that channel numbers plugin if you know what your doing I have had to change the py file 3 times since using atv 6 so it's likely to change again

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

yes, using 6. Works great thank you.

Now just got to figure out why can't do backup image on atv6 - bzip2 missing.

I get a bzip2 not found error, woosh tried it on a solo4k and got the same error.

Hitting the sack, will play again in morning.

Im using openatv 6 with the slyk skin on an Octagon SF4008 4k Box and dont get that message when backing up !!

Backup settins appears to work as it creates the tar file, but complete backup returns the bzip error - see images:
backupfail1.jpg

backupfail2.jpg

backupfail3.jpg

You can be my guinea pig lol long time no see

once installed reboot box then on epg press menu change Service Title mode to service number, picon and service name or service number and service name

reduce picon width to 50

Service width about 300
Hi there
Will this work with openATV 6.1?
I'm currently using SNP picons

Sorry I'm away for the weekend bump this thread Sunday and I'll try to update it for openatv 6.0 and above

Sorry I'm away for the weekend bump this thread Sunday and I'll try to update it for openatv 6.0 and above

Ok no problem I tried your py files that grog mentioned but I couldn't get adjust the gap between the channel number and service name. I've actually change my mind after seeing the numbers now lol. Be good if you get a chance for future members

Back