Advice needed

Hi all my daughter has bought me her friends iPhone 5 all legit but orange have locked the phone does anyone have any advice on best way forward to get it unlocked legitimate thanks
dave

When you say "locked" do you mean its locked to the orange network, or has the iphone been "blocked" by orange?

I think orange have locked it as no other sim works

---------- Post Merged at 09:35 PM ----------

I have spoken to them twice and they have told me the account on the phone is still open so they can not talk to me seems strange any ideas what to do

Your daughter's mate may have to contact them. I know this side of the water, at the end of your contract you can contact the provider and ask for the code as you have then fully paid for the phone.

You could also go the not exactly legit route of jailbreaking the phone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Just priced a place off the Internet to unlock the phone £152 .00 a bit ott if orange don't come up trumps I'm off to break jail haha

i would just jailbreak it anyway, if yoy wanr to remove the jailbreak you just restore to factory settings. infact try reestoreing to factory settings then insert your new sim card not the orange one. it should work as iphones normally use the first sim card that is put in the phone.

And make sure the previous owner has signed out using their apple ID or you wont be able to activate the phone after erasing it.

Back