Amazon Firestick 4K or Android Box For IPTV?

Hi guys just wondering what would be best to run an iptv sub the amazon Firestick 4K or an android box with 4gb ram quad core processor etc? I’ve read more ram the better and I know the Firestick 4K only has 1.5gb ram but people still say the Firestick 4K the way to go so I’m in 2 minds really lol. Any feedback would be appreciated thanks

Im currently sorting the provider as we speak as a friend recommended them as for the 4K tv not as of yet but am upgrading to 1 shortly so thought may aswell go for the 4K stick if I was to decide on the Firestick really. Internet speed isn’t a problem as I’m running 200+ mbs so it’s a device choice that’s giving me the headache lol.

I would go with 4k firestick over Android box you don't need a 4k tv for a 4k firestick there's not much content out in 4k not only that easy setup can be taken anywhere with you alot are going with firesticks over android boxes it would all depend on your preference but don't just go with a provider some one has recommended get some tests for iptv then take it from there

I personally prefer android as you can add stb emu or any customised apk apps like mini smarters
much more convenient

Android box anytime usb ports and ethernet without extra cost to add them like firestick you would think amazon would learn and add those I know you can buy the firetv box, but woild rather pay for higher spec android box for the price of firetv box.

Android box anytime usb ports and ethernet without extra cost to add them like firestick you would think amazon would learn and add those I know you can buy the firetv box, but woild rather pay for higher spec android box for the price of firetv box.

+1

I like both andriod and firestick. I think the andriod tv boxes are a bit more versatile having usb ports on them and ethernet. Picture quality not much in them really. I have a 4k tv which has an enhancement for ultra hd for any hdmi connected device so it upscales the resolution so even a 1080p picture looks stunning.

I personally prefer android as you can add stb emu or any customised apk apps like mini smarters
much more convenient
Even though I prefer Android box got a T95Z Plus octo core 3/32GB ram and Zgemma H2.S. Don't have a firestick but have worked on many for friends I just sideload apks i,e, StbEmu Pro, IPTV Smarters or Kodi builds with adbLink.

I think what puts me off the 4k Firestick is:

(a) Price - at least twice that of a half decent Android box
(b) Lack of ethernet port (yes I know you can buy an adapter but that's even more money)
(c) Lack of usb ports
(d) Difficulty in loading apks
(e) Terrible remote (imo)

I think what puts me off the 4k Firestick is:

(a) Price - at least twice that of a half decent Android box
(b) Lack of ethernet port (yes I know you can buy an adapter but that's even more money)
(c) Lack of usb ports
(d) Difficulty in loading apks
(e) Terrible remote (imo)

I understand to some degree where you're coming from but as for Price they're frequently below £40 I paid £35 for mine. Lack of Ethernet port could be a issue for some that's a given. USB ports haven't found the need to want to plug anything into my Firestick in the years I've had one. APK's are a breeze. Remote is simple but effective. There is the Fire app for anything that's more complexed.

I understand to some degree where you're coming from but as for Price they're frequently below £40 I paid £35 for mine. Lack of Ethernet port could be a issue for some that's a given. USB ports haven't found the need to want to plug anything into my Firestick in the years I've had one. APK's are a breeze. Remote is simple but effective. There is the Fire app for anything that's more complexed.

That's just my opinion having played with both. I've not seen the 4k Fire for less than £49.99, and the ethernet adapter is at least £13.99. I could buy 2.5 Android boxes for that :LOL:

I like that you can connect a QWERTY keyboard to an Android box, makes typing in Youtube searches and long urls etc much easier. I also like that you can change the launcher and have just those apps you want on the screen.

The Alexa remote is a whole different thing - I hate that and I don't trust Amazon not to be listening to every word that is said within range. Call me paranoid if you like.

But hey, horses for courses :LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
That's just my opinion having played with both. I've not seen the 4k Fire for less than £49.99, and the ethernet adapter is at least £13.99. I could buy 2.5 Android boxes for that :LOL:

I like that you can connect a QWERTY keyboard to an Android box, makes typing in Youtube searches and long urls etc much easier. I also like that you can change the launcher and have just those apps you want on the screen.

The Alexa remote is a whole different thing - I hate that and I don't trust Amazon not to be listening to every word that is said within range. Call me paranoid if you like.

But hey, horses for courses :LOL::LOL:

The Firestick 4K can be had at the moment for £37.99 Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Media Streamer with 2nd Gen Alexa Voice Remote 841667147673 | eBay

As for the Alexa remote listening into conversations all they will get from my household is 'Why is there piss on the seat again' 'stop farting' 'Have you fed the dog' 'Your Nans 88 and partly disabled, so yes you can go round and put her f*king bins out'

Back