Amazon Prime 20% price increase

Willo3092

VIP Member
Just cancelled the renewal on mine. That's Prime, Netflix, DAZN and Disney+ gone now :ROFLMAO:

Dear Prime Member,​

Thank you for being a valued member of Amazon Prime. We are writing to you about an upcoming change to your membership.
As of 15 September 2022, the price of the monthly Prime membership will increase from £7.99 to £8.99, and the price of the annual Prime membership will increase from £79 to £95. The new price will apply to renewals starting 15 September 2022. You can view your next renewal date, manage, or cancel your membership by visiting your account.
We continue to focus on making Prime even more valuable for members. This is the first time we have changed the price of Prime in the UK since 2014. During this time, we have significantly increased the number of products available with unlimited, fast Prime delivery; added and expanded ultra-fast fresh grocery delivery; and added more high-quality digital entertainment, including TV, movies, music, games, and books. Prime Video in particular has increased the number of TV series and movies on offer, including Amazon Originals, as well as live sports coverage, such as the Premier League and Autumn Nations Series.
Sincerely,
Your Amazon Prime Team​

got the same email, just thinking whether to cancel or not, I probably do order 2 or 3 things a month so the free delivery covers the price but I rarely watch prime.

got the same email, just thinking whether to cancel or not, I probably do order 2 or 3 things a month so the free delivery covers the price but I rarely watch prime.
I never watch Prime or listen to Prime music and have only really ever used it for shopping.
I have found that the cost of postage is usually included in the price when you google the cheapest price for an item.
Too many market place traders as well which usually don't offer next day delivery and it's not as easy to send stuff back to them. (if they'll even let you).
Argos offer same day delivery on a lot of stuff now and I'll use eBay for the rest.

I'll continue to use Amazon as a catalogue and then buy the stuff somewhere else :ROFLMAO:

If you split the account with family as i do i reckon as a family what we would save on delivery charges is in the region of 3 times the cost of Prime.

No one likes an increase but ill cope with that one.

It’s only gone up by £1 monthly so not breaking bank as fez has mentioned share with family works out even cheaper on some items you can get same delivery if ordered early enough we will keep ours as some uses prime tv

Everything is rising tbh, this is not to bad. I find Amazon useful for shopping and streaming. Also when they had the football it's nice to have options.

I only use shopping though and it's not a patch on how good it used to be.

I will still get plenty of Amazon deliveries though. There's another house in a village 3 miles away with the same address as mine apart from the postcode..... and they don't check postcodes Whistle2.gif

So you have until the 14th of September to cancel and sign up again. Have the year it's up in march

So you have until the 14th of September to cancel and sign up again. Have the year it's up in march
Long time no see mate :smiley:
My sub doesn't run out until December anyway. I've just cancelled the automatic renewal.
Plenty of time to get over my hissy fit and review my options.

They have a video only membership, why not a shopping only membership?
They can stick their kindle books, videos and music up their arses for me. Much better options available to get them for free :sneaky:

Well I eventually renewed my sub.

Today I spent almost 90 minutes on Amazon Chat trying to find out where my parcel was that was supposed to be here yesterday and now apparently will be delivered before the 20th!

I actually know exactly what happened to it because I tracked it right to my door and assumed the 2 items I ordered were in one box. The courier only delivered half of the order.

I ended up telling her that I wasn't prepared to pay almost £100 a year for what amounts to second class post. (particularly as next day delivery is the only thing I use).

The cow terminated the chat and then sent me an email:

Hello,

I've requested a refund of £3.75. Once your refund has been completed by us, please allow your bank between 5 to 7 business days to process it.

I'm sorry to hear that you don't feel Amazon Prime is something you'd benefit from at this time.

I've requested a pro-rated refund in the amount of £87.40 for your Amazon Prime membership. Please allow your bank 5 to 7 business days to process the refund.

Cancelling your membership means that you and your household will stop receiving Amazon Prime benefits. Any new or pending orders may be subject to delivery costs.

Amazon.co.uk
Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

Wow, she was a bit of a c u next Tuesday, wasnt she (unless you were)? We don't have most of the UK benefits of Amazon yet, but it always looked weird ~ £1 per month increase (£12) but a yearly increase of £16.
When things are dispatched by Amazon, things tend to go smoothly, but the external suppliers are hit and miss, I missed seeing at one stage that it was coming from China, it was a painful wait.
A current order they have given me a Royal Mail tracking number, they say they sent it last Tuesday, yet the tracking still says RM are waiting for the package to be handed over.
Sometimes "handiness" really aint that handy at all ~ feck off Jeff.Screenshot_20221215-164905_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I was surprised how quick my socks came from China a little over 2 weeks. Funny the tracking code did not work on website.

I must recheck how much Prime is but the odd time do get a chance to view things which i like and free postings of items i should not be buying indeed.

Knee length compression socks and bought 8 pairs and see if it does anything.

No locals near me and shopping centers are jam packed

Back