Amazon sharing your internet with neighbours

I think it's US only right? But given that BT do the same, only a matter of time until they roll it out over here too.

Yeah, it states Amazon Sidewalk is only available in US.
Amazing how those companies seem to think that internet that we pay for is available for them to share with their customers freely. Virgin media was at it as well
sharing their customer's paid internet with others. Got that sorted out by opting out on their settings. Hey, I'd might consider it if it meant a reduction in broadband
bill. It's funny all this sharing always means that individuals have to opt out, why not opt in? Anyway, I've never considered installing any device that listens into my
private conversations, I mean that's just plain silly lol

How do you turn that off on a bt hub ,?
I didn't know they done that. :rage:
you need to log into your virgin account not the router its been ages since I did it but had a search and it says,

You can do this by signing into your Virgin media account, going to profile, and select Opt-out and save.
I just checked I don't have that option there now.

Found video on how to Opt Out

EDIT: @steptoe , my mistake iv'e posted details for virgin media misread your post.

Last edited:
That Alexa has recently popped up on my telly asking if l want to set her up, l suffered saying no to allow telly to boot properly. l went through the apps yesterday and sussed out how to delete her and executed her. Today when l switched telly on the Biach was back wanting to be set up.:unsure::imp:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back