Android box throttled again?

userlee5267

TK Veteran
Hello all.

I’m with Vodafone and it’s been crap.

I swapped over the router for a tplink archer and all worked well some speed tests I was getting on my android box we’re going off the scale upto 90mb.

Streaming upto now as been glitch free I could even stream the higher bit rate 4k movies on vod no problem watching two or three in a day.

Now I’ve been trying to watch fhd and hd channels for a few days and they won’t even load. So done speed checks on the android box. It won’t go over 4mb no matter what I do?

All other devices in the house are still getting 60-80mb. It’s just the android box.

I’ve rebooted the router I’ve tried everything even WiFi on the android box it won’t pick up enough speed to run?

This is what happens with the Vodafone router that’s why I swapped.

I’m now 100% sure they know exactly what I’m doing and there stopping it. It can’t be anything else

May be worth giving their help desk or equivalent a ring. I spoke with sly technical dept when my android box kept disconnecting. I know its not the same issue but it was an android box. The guy asked what I used it for and I told him it wasnt mine it was my grandkids and they only used it for live streaming games, utube and netflix. The fact it was only used for iptv was obviously never mentioned. He tried to help by getting me to alter some settings unfortunately it didnt work, but he tried.
Eventually my problem was sorted out by the experts on this forum, so good luck.

I don't think your broadband is being throttled since your other devices are still getting high speeds. My guess is it's a Wifi issue. Can you try hard wiring the box to your router if that's an option? If not, a set of homeplugs might be of use.

All other devices in the house are still getting 60-80mb. It’s just the android box.
So your ISP is throttling one device on your home network but not others. Is that even possible? You've said that speed tests on other devices are good? What about watching your IPTV sub on them?

So your ISP is throttling one device on your home network but not others. Is that even possible? You've said that speed tests on other devices are good? What about watching your IPTV sub on them?

Can,t see an ISP just throttling one device. :grimacing: Best way is to get his list of his/her supplier and just use the computer for a while and see if that gets throttled.
VLC is straight forward on a laptop and easy to put list into it.

Also borrow another android device of someone else if possible?
Its beginning to sound like a knackered android gadget.

Maybe not one device but maybe the url to iptv
If the url to the iptv is blocked then it will be blocked on all devices not just your android?
Get some test lines then or like I say try it on a totally different device in the same household. (The line)
Its like when ever anything go,s wrong its just a question of trying lots of little things to rule something out.
Wiring/lines/device/where its connected/ what else is using the net when you stream/ and then all other sorts of things to try as well?

EDIT: Will also add that if the url was blocked you wouldn,t even get sd or any channel for that matter never mind the HD or FHD you want?

Since having the router speeds were upto 90mb a second and had no probs. The new router went off Xmas eve for around 5 hours and after this time my Android box won't stream a thing now and is getting 4mb. The android box was all good until router turned off.

tried on my laptop wireless and ethrnet direct and the sub wont play anything in hd. tried hd youtube on the same laptop and its fine. im so confused.... my sub as been one of the best upto now almost sure its still ok and this is my end

Get a test line.
Try it on a couple of devices. Laptop. android boxes. Smart tv. Phones.
Also try VLC player on laptop its pretty much flawless.

Also from experience most people have more than one line incase issues arise on one line you can check easily by checking your other provided.
Might be a little more expensive but you can check one against another.

right something weird is really going on... got my lads old samsung j3 mobile off him, installed smarters seemed a different version than what i have it asked for url or api entry. i used api and all my log in details, been streaming fhd channel now for a good few minutes perfect no glitching or stopping. my laptop is old and slow at the best of time so i guess thats why with that.... so its my android box its got to be. wonder if it needs a update or summat. its a tx3 mini about 5 months old?

Back