Android box

all depends on budget mate.

shield probably the best.. but carries a premium pricetag ofcourse

Budget 4k firestick
Formuler z7/z8, z8 is top notch
Shield is top end, but only if used to its potential.

I just want something decent that doesn't buffer etc when your watching something, I know that can happen because of the server etc but helps having a decent box

I just want something decent that doesn't buffer etc when your watching something, I know that can happen because of the server etc but helps having a decent box
You asked for opinions, & options .. try using search option, on top right

Just follow the good advice already given, Shield if you can afford it, if not a firestick does a great job, but more importantly get a good provider, plenty of them on here too.

Nvidea's main business is making graphics cards for 4k output and the shield is the top gamers box and the bulk of the cost goes into graphics technology. 4k output is wasted on an IPTV box as no supplier will ever have 4k resources. The Formuler z8 is a purpose made IPTV box which is what you asked for. The Mtvonline2 software it runs is the best around and it has a purpose made handset for IPTV. With it you can go to most TV channels and rewind the full day or record live IPTV. It's processor and graphics card are good enough to play 1080 which is all you will ever need.

The thread title though is 'What is the best android box for IPTV' ..Firestick vs Formuler Z8 is like comparing a 35mm camera with digital camera :LOL:

Yeah just ordered both, cheers guys. Already got a iptv sorted, is there any other stuff you recommend to put on it
There is free apps both if your provider updates vod regular then you shouldn't need any free tv show/movie apps but plex is always a good thing to have if not and can find a decent supplier for it

In the same boat, wanted a fire stick based on budget and what people have said but its gone up in price back to £50 from £30 :(

Back