Anyone into hacking consoles?

The patchable models go for a lot of money. however, team xecuter are bringing out a solution for the new models within the next couple of weeks. it will be a modchip preorders avaliable now

I have the patchable model which is a softmod. the new models require a soldered modchip.

Atmosphere is free and updated usually as soon as a new firmware update comes out,and you can either use your pc to push the payload or get a rcm loader for portable use.You need a unpatched switch though,The new models of switch you will need to use team-xecuters methods

Newer models being modded via hardware is a risk if anyone goes wrong imo

At least with software mod not likely to get bricked or whatever compared to hardware mod.

Newer models being modded via hardware is a risk if anyone goes wrong imo

At least with software mod not likely to get bricked or whatever compared to hardware mod.
I agree but it depends if people are willing to pay you can get easily £250+ for a switch with the exploit.

you can buy a newer model cheaper than the older model. A older switch without the dock and charger will sell for between £275-£300 a brand new and complte around £300

Last edited:
So new ones are better to get compared to old ones as I was under the impression would be wise to get old ones as easier and safer to hack them.

older models are better as you can hack them and nintendo will not know as they are a softmod however, they come at a price.

I need to mod mine that I won on raffle still only got Mario cart for it. When I first got it someone sent me the info for mods but I can't remember who (sorry I can't remember as they sent some good info) but the serial number wasn't listed to be able to be modded.

I need to mod mine that I won on raffle still only got Mario cart for it. When I first got it someone sent me the info for mods but I can't remember who (sorry I can't remember as they sent some good info) but the serial number wasn't listed to be able to be modded.
The only option you will have is the sxos modchip. You can normally pay someone to install them if your soldering skills are not up to it.

The only option you will have is the sxos modchip. You can normally pay someone to install them if your soldering skills are not up to it.
Might need to have a proper look, I reckon I can get engineers at work to do it for me, someone had them do work on their speaker once lol

Tell me about it, I've got half a dozen e-cigarettes here that need micro soldering but no chance of doing it with my sausage fingers and 5mm thick soldering iron.
The terminals involved are as thick as a human hair and there's about five of them within a 3mm gap

Back