Apk on formula z7+

I've recently bought a formula z7+. I have downloaded a few apk but when I click on them to open it says can't open file. I am doing something wrong? I've tried different apk and none of them will open

You mean allow from unknown sources. I read on the formuler site that you shouldn't have to. The apk will work on my mobile phone which is andriod

Dosnt the formulas run on 7.1 android? the apps may not be compatable as newer versions of androids out have you ran updates on box may help so you ha e latest software?

It is andriod 7. I have checked system update and it says
Software update 0
Current version is latest

Can i upgrade it to andrioud 10? Have i bought a box which is of no use or is there a way round it

It should open unless it is not compatible if u get the "parsing error" message. Try installing first an APK installer or a file explorer that can do it like ES file explorer or similar

Got it sorted. I downloaded them from chrome. Realised there's a downloader app that u can use. All sorted now. Thanks for everyone's help
Sorry for dusting off an old thread, but I'm having this exact problem with the 7z+ box trying to insall apk apps. Can you elaborate on what you meant by 'downloader app'? If this works for me it'll save me a lot of headaches.
Because right now I'm putting the apk files drectly on a USB stick, and when trying to install onto the z7+ box it gives the error along the lines of:
"there was a problem while parsing the package"

Thanks

Sorry for dusting off an old thread, but I'm having this exact problem with the 7z+ box trying to insall apk apps. Can you elaborate on what you meant by 'downloader app'? If this works for me it'll save me a lot of headaches.
Because right now I'm putting the apk files drectly on a USB stick, and when trying to install onto the z7+ box it gives the error along the lines of:

Thanks
Go on youtube plenty of vids on there. Downloader allows you to sideload apps

Thanks
What app was it out of interest ?

Go on youtube plenty of vids on there. Downloader allows you to sideload apps
Sorted, looks like putting an apk on a USB stick and installing from there somehow makes the file appear corrupt maybe?
Either way downloaded Chrome on the box, put the link in there to download direct to the box and installed fine. Thought I'd detail this in, in case anyone else has this problem in future.
All ok now, cheers.

Back