Apple to scan iPhones for child sex abuse images

Clearly they could not have picked a better cause to start with as everyone above has gone to great lengths to out do each other in the 'i have reservations but I'm not a nonce, I hate, and I mean HATE nonces' stakes
What's your opinion of nonces?

its gonna be checked by a nonce from apple if it gets flagged up. basically its a way around the nonce laws for the apple nonces

Same here. Had a mess about with a new iPhone once and couldn't see for the life in me why people choose them, and often pay more for them, over android phones.

There horrid devices don't care how secure there supposed to be.

Android is generally much more customisable.

It’s sort of ironic that those so against Apple devices based on this then quote android who have scraped data out of everything you’ve ever created or been sent (even before you’ve read it) since it’s creation.

It’s sort of ironic that those so against Apple devices based on this then quote android who have scraped data out of everything you’ve ever created or been sent (even before you’ve read it) since it’s creation.
Whose starting to swing handbags now🤣🤣🤣🤣 you are right tho bud everyone quick to slate apple but don't realise android does the exact same thing I own both android(Huawei) so Chinese are spying already LMFAO and own apple iPhone couldn't give a shite what images they see most will be my sunburnt arse and beer bottles oh and odd pictures of jokes

Whose starting to swing handbags now🤣🤣🤣🤣 you are right tho bud everyone quick to slate apple but don't realise android does the exact same thing I own both android(Huawei) so Chinese are spying already LMFAO and own apple iPhone couldn't give a shite what images they see most will be my sunburnt arse and beer bottles oh and odd pictures of jokes
Me too I own both and I don’t really like this move! It’s just some sort of strange world where Apple using image data to catch nonces is bad vs Google using image data to serve you targeted adverts is good.

Me too I own both and I don’t really like this move! It’s just some sort of strange world where Apple using image data to catch nonces is bad vs Google using image data to serve you targeted adverts is good.
Yes is looking that way but if I remember didn't apple oppose to the fbi when they wanted to get into those 2 terrorist phones now all of a sudden they want to try catching nonces can see a lot of uproar myself

Yes is looking that way but if I remember didn't apple oppose to the fbi when they wanted to get into those 2 terrorist phones now all of a sudden they want to try catching nonces can see a lot of uproar myself
There’s a bit of a difference though from creating a modified firmware with a backdoor to scanning photos before they are uploaded to Apple servers. I see where you are coming from though and I think there will be uproar too, nonces are an easy sell for something of more Control

You'll find that's only on mainstream phones,
Loads of android out there with custom ROMs ,
But ye, if you are online then someone somewhere has the ability to see what you are doing.

Back