GrogBuild ATV support

Hi can anyone advise if Whooshbuild or grogbuild support higher than ATV 6.4
No, atv 6.4 is the newest image you can use with Grogbuild and whooshbuild.
Atv 7.2 uses python 3 and is the latest stable image, 6.4 and 7.1 are no longer supported

Ah thanks so i am stuck with ATV 6.4 then, I am using Zgemma H.2s which is quite old now so looking at a H7S possibly, is there a new version of grogbuild/ Whooshbuild coming that may support higher versions of ATV ?

Ah thanks so i am stuck with ATV 6.4 then, I am using Zgemma H.2s which is quite old now so looking at a H7S possibly, is there a new version of grogbuild/ Whooshbuild coming that may support higher versions of ATV ?
As mentioned above, woosh and Grogbuild are just openatv with a few skins and other enhancements, you can add these yourself to plain openatv 7.2

if gog is making improvements to the skins of he who must not be named on this forum, surely those changes shoudl be added to the offcial skins? The builds were started before the skins were available on plugin servers.
If it is a user skin file, can they not be made available for people to download?

The movie Organiser plugin was modified by someone on Vix team. I asked if it could be added to the 3rd party plugins, there was no movement. There is another plugin that does similar and is open source and maintained.

The EPG acquisition methods are many. Yes it is confusing until you know what you are doing. The threads were one advice is given then someone chips in with another does not help. I try to ask what the person wants to do and respond accordingly. The builds set the options, so surely we can write how to do so for the method they use.

I am in no way meaning to downplay the hard work that Grog, whooshman, willow and others have done.

if gog is making improvements to the skins of he who must not be named on this forum, surely those changes shoudl be added to the offcial skins? The builds were started before the skins were available on plugin servers.
If it is a user skin file, can they not be made available for people to download?

The movie Organiser plugin was modified by someone on Vix team. I asked if it could be added to the 3rd party plugins, there was no movement. There is another plugin that does similar and is open source and maintained.

The EPG acquisition methods are many. Yes it is confusing until you know what you are doing. The threads were one advice is given then someone chips in with another does not help. I try to ask what the person wants to do and respond accordingly. The builds set the options, so surely we can write how to do so for the method they use.

I am in no way meaning to downplay the hard work that Grog, whooshman, willow and others have done.
Mrs Grog was not happy the time he was spending when he looked at doing some changes.

Last edited:

I'm not doing updates atm but those skins are apparently available for py3 now and I think on the offficial feeds so I wouldn't need to mod them.

thanks so i am stuck with ATV 6.4 then, I am using Zgemma H.2s which is quite old now so looking at a H7S possibly, is there a new version of grogbuild/ Whooshbuild coming that may support higher versions of ATV ?
I am sorry but at the moment I have no immediate plans to update Grogbuild for ATV 7.whatever for a few reasons
1. I don't have as much time on my hands these days.
2. I did start updating it for 7.0, then my fixes broke on atv 7.1 so gave up at the time
3. to be honest, since the loss of $ky and Virmin there was a drop in E2 boxes being used as many switched to other devices for IPTV, most that still use them generally know how to set up a box from scratch.
4. Most boxes on the market now can use VIX, so there is still Willobuild by the wonderful @Willo3092 that would go onto an H7S if that's what you get.

Hi am more than happy with what i have it is just ATV 6.4 is not supported for any updates so feel like i am missing out on something, but everything works and i have had this setup about 4 years so will just stick with it, I only asked as i thought there might be a new build which supported 7.1 or 7.2, I assume pressing the blue remote button and checking for updates is something to do with ATV updates but i could be wrong. When I press now it never finds any as i am on 6.4

ATV 6.4 is end of life now and there won't be any further updates.
The same goes for 6.5, 7.0 and 7.1.

On the plus side, if it's working well, you don't have to bother updating it any more (y)

If you have a multiboot box you could always install an image from this decade on another partition :laughing:

Back