Autobouquetsmaker and EPGImport not working - solution

grog68

VIP Member
TK Supporter
Note: these instructions are based on ATV 6.1

There have been numerous posts about epg's not updating and/or some channels not working (not to do with netid 12 on cable issue). Hopefully if there is a thread posting the resolution we won't see so many threads being started/hijacked with these issues.

EPG not updating

If you notice that your epg isn't updating as it should each day and you are using EPGImporter then the chances are you're sources are out of date. Press the Green button on the remote and then the RED button to take you to the removable plugins list. Select Extensions and then from the list that opens up select EPGImport. You will be prompted to remove the plugin. Select Yes and it will be removed.

Now press the exit button once to return to the Plugin Browser and press the Green button to take you to the downloadable plugins list. Again Select Extensions and then from the list that opens up select EPGImport. You will be prompted to install the plugin. Select Yes and it will be installed. Now press the exit button once to return to the plugin browser.

Now select EPGImporter and then on the next screen press the blue button. Scroll to the end of the list of sources and you should see (New) Rytect UK Sat/Virgin XMLTV (xz version). Select this and you should see 6 sub feeds listed. Select the ones you need, I select them all just so I am coverred.

epgimportsources.jpg

Now press the green button to save. You now can press the yellow button to download and then the green button again to save. You can now press the exit button to return to tv. Your epg should now start populating again, it may take a couple of minutes.

AutobouquetsMaker (ABM)

Some have reported some channels have gone black. It appears some channel frequencies have changed and ABM needs updating. If you have updated to ABM 2.8 but get a tuner error when runnning a scan skip to the last paragraph below

Press the Green button on the remote and then the RED button to take you to the removable plugins list. Select SystemPlugins and then from the list that opens up select AutobouquetsMaker. You will be prompted to remove the plugin. Select Yes and it will be removed, now press exit button twice to return to the TV picture and hold the power button until a menu appears and select restart gui.

Once the gui has restarted, press the Green button on the remote and then the green button again to take you to the downloadable plugins list. Select SystemPlugins and then from the list that opens up select AutobouquetsMaker. You will be prompted to install the plugin. Select Yes and it will be removed, now press exit button twice to return to the TV picture and hold the power button until a menu appears and select restart gui.

Press the menu button and select Setup -> Service Searching -> AutobouquetsMaker -> Update config files. Once the config files have updated, or if they didn't need updating, press the green button to run a scan.

Hope that helps

Note: these instructions are based on ATV 6.1

There have been numerous posts about epg's not updating and/or some channels not working (not to do with netid 12 on cable issue). Hopefully if there is a thread posting the resolution we won't see so many threads being started/hijacked with these issues.

EPG not updating

If you notice that your epg isn't updating as it should each day and you are using EPGImporter then the chances are you're sources are out of date. Press the Green button on the remote and then the RED button to take you to the removable plugins list. Select Extensions and then from the list that opens up select EPGImport. You will be prompted to remove the plugin. Select Yes and it will be removed.

Now press the exit button once to return to the Plugin Browser and press the Green button to take you to the downloadable plugins list. Again Select Extensions and then from the list that opens up select EPGImport. You will be prompted to install the plugin. Select Yes and it will be installed. Now press the exit button once to return to the plugin browser.

Now select EPGImporter and then on the next screen press the blue button. Scroll to the end of the list of sources and you should see (New) Rytect UK Sat/Virgin XMLTV (xz version). Select this and you should see 6 sub feeds listed. Select the ones you need, I select them all just so I am coverred.

View attachment 27811

Now press the green button to save. You now can press the yellow button to download and then the green button again to save. You can now press the exit button to return to tv. Your epg should now start populating again, it may take a couple of minutes.

AutobouquetsMaker (ABM)

Some have reported some channels have gone black. It appears some channel frequencies have changed and ABM needs updating. If you have updated to ABM 2.8 but get a tuner error when runnning a scan skip to the last paragraph below

Press the Green button on the remote and then the RED button to take you to the removable plugins list. Select SystemPlugins and then from the list that opens up select AutobouquetsMaker. You will be prompted to remove the plugin. Select Yes and it will be removed, now press exit button twice to return to the TV picture and hold the power button until a menu appears and select restart gui.

Once the gui has restarted, press the Green button on the remote and then the green button again to take you to the downloadable plugins list. Select SystemPlugins and then from the list that opens up select AutobouquetsMaker. You will be prompted to install the plugin. Select Yes and it will be removed, now press exit button twice to return to the TV picture and hold the power button until a menu appears and select restart gui.

Press the menu button and select Setup -> Service Searching -> AutobouquetsMaker -> Update config files. Once the config files have updated, or if they didn't need updating, press the green button to run a scan.

Hope that helps
As usual greg, you explain FULLY and SIMPLY even an old bugger like me can do it, great piece of work

Cheers dsayers worked a treat on grog build
for h4 thanks your the man are you going to do a firmware for this box

Last edited:
Cheers dsayers worked a treat on grog build
for h4 thanks your the man are you going to do a firmware for this box

No I dont have an H4 these are just preferences some like bouquets on launch some dont, from what ive seen grog build is great as it is
anyway you could give me a link to the image your using on your box cant the openatv-6.1 to work for me at all

Have a look in the downloads section

No I dont have an H4 these are just preferences some like bouquets on launch some dont, from what ive seen grog build is great as it is

Have a look in the downloads section
got that to work but now cant get the softcams to work at all not used t this image anything you can point me on

got that to work but now cant get the softcams to work at all not used t this image anything you can point me on

This thread is mainly for ABM and EPG issues youll be best posting in the support thread for the backup you are using or start a new thread.

ie if using grog buld post in here http://www.techkings.org/threads/grogbuild-atv-6-1-cable-only-build-for-h5-2tc-h7c-and-h4.129946/

If using another post in the relevant support thread or start a new one but have a search around the forum.

If using OpenATV

Now you need to install and set up your line, if you are using cccam or mgcamd you need to put your CCcam.cfg or newcamd.list file into the /usr/keys folder, if using oscam then the oscam.server file needs to go into /usr/keys/oscam_atv folder.

You will need to uninstall autobouquetsmaker and then reinstall it which should give you 2.9

hi any idea how i delete abm on miracle box i have looked and also done what you said about pressing green but i think that might be for another box

thanks for the reply i haven't got any channels now box says no transponder wondering if virmin have cut my signal and i don't know how i can check

Back