Beer Can Chicken

Icanbe

VIP Member
Make sure lid of bar-b-que will close fully before placing chicken on bar-b-q, if lid won't close get a smaller chicken.
Use indirect heat, light right or left side of bar-b-que and place chicken on opposite side, this is why you need to rotate chicken every 30 mins
Use a meat therometer to check internal temperature of chicken, check temp at thickest part of chicken, internal temp of chicken must be 175 degrees F. (80 degrees C.)
Take chicken off bar-b-que, remove beer can with a pair on tongs, be careful when doing this as there may still be some liquid inside of the can.
Let chicken sit for 10 mins.
Carve up chicken and enjoy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Icanbe, I heard that you could use a can of cola instead of beer, although I have never tried it that way.

I might be being a bit thick here, but i never heard of this before, so i am assuming you open the can right? ;) ROFL

And then what do you do, place it upright inside the chicken upside down or right way up?

Does the chicken have to be standing up?

What if you haven't got a big bbq, can you do it in an oven?

Hi T
This is weird all my instructions are missing, I put them up last night.
I'll redo it when I get home tonight.

I might be being a bit thick here, but i never heard of this before, so i am assuming you open the can right? ;) ROFL

And then what do you do, place it upright inside the chicken upside down or right way up?

Does the chicken have to be standing up?

What if you haven't got a big bbq, can you do it in an oven?

Yes open can, place in BBQ standing (there are devices used to do this), Yes you can do it in the oven as well. ;)

I have a friend that does one of these about every two weeks. :err: He cooks steaks all the time too... He's a good lad, but fails to invite me more than once a year.. ROFL. Must not be that good of a friend. :p

Back