Best box/device for IPTV

That was the question but why pay that much if just going to be used for iptv bit pointless when you think about it
Have you seen summat different to me ? If money is not an issue, why you buy anything other then a nvidea shield regardless if its just for iptv, MONEY IS NOT AN ISSUE why would you buy anything other then a shield, theres nothing out there that's better and the question was, what is the best box and money isnt an issue.

Have you seen summat different to me ? If money is not an issue, why you buy anything other then a nvidea shield regardless if its just for iptv, MONEY IS NOT AN ISSUE why would you buy anything other then a shield, theres nothing out there that's better and the question was, what is the best box and money isnt an issue.

The purpose made IPTV boxes are a three part system only one of which is the box itself. Infomir MAG boxes were the best IPTV systems because they incorporate Stalker middleware as does a Z8 or buzzbox which all connect through a portal. IPTV suppliers will never stream above 50fps 1080 which the purpose made boxes easily cope with.

The second part of the system is the pre loaded software and MTVOL2 is unbeatable but has been cloned.

The third part is the dedicated remote control, a Buzzbox has dedicated buttons on the remote for record, pause, rewind, VOD, Server, Recordings, LiveTV (same as MTOL2) last prog, EPG, TV series, category with four coloured buttons which can be dedicated to apps such as VPN.

The EPG from IPTV suppliers is loaded into the RAM. so for fast zapping 2MB works well - a BUZZ XRS 4000 has 4MB.

These things are custom built IPTV boxes designed from the ground up. Everything else mentioned has been designed for something else so is therefore part of a homebrew system.

The purpose made IPTV boxes are a three part system only one of which is the box itself. Infomir MAG boxes were the best IPTV systems because they incorporate Stalker middleware as does a Z8 or buzzbox which all connect through a portal. IPTV suppliers will never stream above 50fps 1080 which the purpose made boxes easily cope with.

The second part of the system is the pre loaded software and MTVOL2 is unbeatable but has been cloned.

The third part is the dedicated remote control, a Buzzbox has dedicated buttons on the remote for record, pause, rewind, VOD, Server, Recordings, LiveTV (same as MTOL2) last prog, EPG, TV series, category with four coloured buttons which can be dedicated to apps such as VPN.

The EPG from IPTV suppliers is loaded into the RAM. so for fast zapping 2MB works well - a BUZZ XRS 4000 has 4MB.

These things are custom built IPTV boxes designed from the ground up. Everything else mentioned has been designed for something else so is therefore part of a homebrew system.
I totally agree even enigma boxes should be avoided if possible. My recommendation is a formuler box all day long.

If it is a choice between zgemma and firestick buy the firestick plus lan adapter

I totally agree even enigma boxes should be avoided if possible. My recommendation is a formuler box all day long.
Yes, the original poster's question was concise so easy to answer.
The O.P's question was not what IPTV box home brew system are you using right now, but - Money isn't really an issue so whats the best box out there?
The best 4x4 car or city car will most certainly be purpose made. :love:

Thanks for your input. In the end I got a Formuler Z8. Very impressed. Very fast & responsive. Works great with my current provider. And the app store is a good bonus.

I like the sat boxes so I can get FTA on them just in case something happens with IPTV. I've normally gone with the VU+ boxes but I took a punt on an Amiko Viper 4K UHD box for about 70 quid delivered (worldofsaat) as it was only for my daughteres bedroom and didn't need nothing special. Gotta say for the price I wasn't disappointed in the slightest and since ordered a second box today as my VU+ went tits up the other night. Honestly for the price they are brilliant!! Only one sat tuner though but thats all I need. If you want a hard drive I think that would have sit external but you can use a USB. One annnoying thing as well is that there is only 1 USB slot on the back so if you want a WiFi dongle then the USB has to sit pointing out on the front or vice versa. All that being said...for the price they are a nice box and I the picture is crisp! IPTV works fine on it. Not for everyone I know but may suit some people.

Shield is the best one

Yes, that's your and many other people's opinion, which you're perfectly entitled to. Eric thinks that the Z8 is the better box, which is a more unusual view, hence me asking if he'd divulge what it was he preferred about that device.

some people like the dedicated apps i suppose it is a very strange choice to put the z8 above the sheild.

Shield specs/hardware wise is the best no one disputes that.

But maybe some who have owned sheild and other devices would prefer those others ones to the shield.

Personal choice. Doesnt make them right or wrong imo.

I like the sat boxes so I can get FTA on them just in case something happens with IPTV. I've normally gone with the VU+ boxes but I took a punt on an Amiko Viper 4K UHD box for about 70 quid delivered (worldofsaat) as it was only for my daughteres bedroom and didn't need nothing special. Gotta say for the price I wasn't disappointed in the slightest and since ordered a second box today as my VU+ went tits up the other night. Honestly for the price they are brilliant!! Only one sat tuner though but thats all I need. If you want a hard drive I think that would have sit external but you can use a USB. One annnoying thing as well is that there is only 1 USB slot on the back so if you want a WiFi dongle then the USB has to sit pointing out on the front or vice versa. All that being said...for the price they are a nice box and I the picture is crisp! IPTV works fine on it. Not for everyone I know but may suit some people.

What's the remote like on the Amiko Viper?
I bought one last year and you have to be about a metre away from the box for it to work.
Tried dozens of sets of batteries and it's always the same, when the batteries actually start running down you have to practically touch the remote to the box

Back