Best IPTV box?

I currently have an enigma octagon sf8008, thinking of upgrading to Formuler Z8, im looking for the best platform/interface for iptv you can get with all the extras(kodi etc) Any thoughts?

Thanks

Isn't the shield also for games and stuff? i wouldn't be using it for that, what is it that makes it superior to the Z8?

The shield is designed for gaming and can run iptv which has upscaling that's why people say the shield just for the upscaling which is pointless to pay nearly £200 just to upscale iptv.
If your not going to use it for gaming and iptv then I would go with the z8 pro all day long and it also depends on budget Amiko boxes handle iptv really well so does the 4k firestick and the buzz tv range handles iptv brilliantly like the z8 they have there own dedicated app for iptv

The Nvidia Shield is the iptv best box. The only criticism of it seems to be that it has the capability to play games on. Nobody holds a gun to your head and forces you to play games on it though... so it remains the undisputed best box for watching iptv on.

I have decided on a nvidia shield, like i said i have a enigma 2 box, also have a firestick, but i would like to have everything i need in one box with many options. What apps are must haves for it? netflix, amazon prime, TiviMate, plex, what is the best kodi build? i will probably signup for real debian too, can anyone think of anything else nvidia shield supports i should add?

can anyone think of anything else nvidia shield supports i should add?

IPTV apps

Free movie/series streaming app eg Cinema HD/CatMouse

Plex

Prime

Netflix

BBC iplayer ITV Hub etc

Vpn app

Speedtest app

I don't use Kodi so can't help there. I bought silicon remote control cases on amazon. I haven't bothered with a micro sd cardas I don't record on the box and so far there's ample space for everything I need.

It says the shield supports amazon prime and netflix hd but the Z8 pro does not, is that true?

The shield not only supports those, it upscales the picture - there's a marked difference in the picture quality on the Netflix app on the shield compared to using the app built into my tv.

Just going to throw my 2p in on this one as well please as in also looking to make the switch from enigma2 to android.

So I get the obvious choice is the shield but I'm wanting a device that will accept my satellite feed as well so we get the Freesat OTA channels.

I've been having a good look online and appear to now he stuck between

Amiko A6 - my questions so far are:
1. it states android 7.1, does this mean many apps will soon not run on old android? What even is the latest android version? And will it just have all available android apps, Netflix, BBC, itv, Disney, Plex etc
2. How good is the mytv app it comes with? Will this app also be the one that uses the satellite Input feed along side any IPTV portals?
3. Anyone know if it records satellite Input well? What storage does it have can it be expanded?

Formuler s mini
1. Does this even have a satellite Input? Although states satellite in the description, I can't see the input listed in the specs? And when I got to buy it tries to sell me a usb Ariel input?
2. Is the mytvonline app that comes with this the same as the amiko one above? And is this the old version of the new mytv oline2 app?
3. Does anyone know if this box records?
4. And again as above it states android 7, what does this actually mean app wise and long term?

If anyone has any other android satellite Input recommendations I'm all ears please, these appear to be the best two I can find so far.

Thanks for reading and hopefully the help...

Just going to throw my 2p in on this one as well please as in also looking to make the switch from enigma2 to android.

So I get the obvious choice is the shield but I'm wanting a device that will accept my satellite feed as well so we get the Freesat OTA channels.

I've been having a good look online and appear to now he stuck between

Amiko A6 - my questions so far are:
1. it states android 7.1, does this mean many apps will soon not run on old android? What even is the latest android version? And will it just have all available android apps, Netflix, BBC, itv, Disney, Plex etc
2. How good is the mytv app it comes with? Will this app also be the one that uses the satellite Input feed along side any IPTV portals?
3. Anyone know if it records satellite Input well? What storage does it have can it be expanded?

Formuler s mini
1. Does this even have a satellite Input? Although states satellite in the description, I can't see the input listed in the specs? And when I got to buy it tries to sell me a usb Ariel input?
2. Is the mytvonline app that comes with this the same as the amiko one above? And is this the old version of the new mytv oline2 app?
3. Does anyone know if this box records?
4. And again as above it states android 7, what does this actually mean app wise and long term?

If anyone has any other android satellite Input recommendations I'm all ears please, these appear to be the best two I can find so far.

Thanks for reading and hopefully the help...
I have the Amiko A6 box has plex on it which I use and is good the mytv app is really simple to navigate and ease of use can change skin ect I have a 256 USB for recording possibly go higher don't think you can buy a freeview dongle for it like you can on the z8 which would use the mytvonline app maybe email Amiko with your questions but I'm sure @AmikoUK would be able to say more it does have updates ect but the formuler only run a low end android system.
There is no lnb on the Amiko A6 and never heard or seen anyone with freesat on the A6.
As for formuler I would go with the z8 or the z8 pro the mytvonline app is brilliant and nice user interfaces again you can buy a seperate USB freeview tuner to use via mytvonle app and would use the mytvonline app for freeview

I have the Amiko A6 box has plex on it which I use and is good the mytv app is really simple to navigate and ease of use can change skin ect I have a 256 USB for recording possibly go higher don't think you can buy a freeview dongle for it like you can on the z8 which would use the mytvonline app maybe email Amiko with your questions but I'm sure @AmikoUK would be able to say more it does have updates ect but the formuler only run a low end android system.
There is no lnb on the Amiko A6 and never heard or seen anyone with freesat on the A6.
As for formuler I would go with the z8 or the z8 pro the mytvonline app is brilliant and nice user interfaces again you can buy a seperate USB freeview tuner to use via mytvonle app and would use the mytvonline app for freeview
The amiko I saw with satellite Input was:

Amiko A6 Combo 4K UHD Hybrid DVB-S/S2 + DVB-C/T2 OTT IPTV Media Streamer Receiver
Android 7.1 | MYTV | 2.4GHz WiFi OTT IPTV Media Streamer

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links but if so let me know and I will?

So are you recording IPTV at the moment then? Assume this depends on how good a service you have?

Are the mytv on amiko and mytv online on formuler different apps then? And is the mytvonline just an older version of mytvonline 2?

Does the formuler z8 and z8 pro both run a low end Android system? And what is meant by this? What is the android on the amiko like? How do they differ?

When you say I can get a dongle for the z8s, is there a satellite dongle as that is all the input I have, no terrestrial TV Arial installed.

Back