Best ISP for IPTV

Blaze83

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this please move if necessary.

Ive just cancelled my SKY TV subscription as we now have an IPTV sub. Currently still on their fibre optic package which is a bit crap really - we pay £34 for around 25mb - 30mb on average. Been looking at switching - Virgin Media offering "guaranteed 100mb Fibre Optic" for £27 a month, theres also Vodafone offering 60mb for £20 a month.

Im new to all this so before making a choice I thought id ask on here are their any ISPs to avoid when it comes to IPTV or does anyone have any recommendations.

Cheers!

Don't go with Vodafone there crap mate I have sly and decent for iptv but for the price your paying with sly think you've answered your own post already mate with vm @£27 for 100mb I would jump to that if cable was in my area

I use sky and quite a few people I know are on the same and never had any issues tbh,just have to turn family filters off and I turn off Ipv6 on my router. As bazcfc1 said don't touch Vodaphione it's rubbish. You only need about 10-15mb to run Iptv anyway. I run iptv ,laptop,Ipad and a mobile on sky ant it's fine.

VM 350mb - Asus RT AC88U
5 boxes all running iptv/ streaming apk's
3 nas devices
2 laptops
2 desktops one connected to a vpn router - Linksys WRT1900ACs
mobiles/tablets
Not a single buffer!

DONT go to Vodafone , I’m getting great speeds 50/55 to router BUT they throttle iptv. Only getting 2 on mag and need vpn to watch on android . Stuck in contract for year, I’m leaving as soon as I can

vodafone are crap avoid at all costs. sky i would say i have been with them twice now. only left as prices go up quite a bit, think your better off leaving then joining back up as new customer after the contract ends as new customers get better offers.

virgin always seem good and cheap but there not in my area.

DONT go to Vodafone , I’m getting great speeds 50/55 to router BUT they throttle iptv. Only getting 2 on mag and need vpn to watch on android . Stuck in contract for year, I’m leaving as soon as I can
keep moaning at them i had this problem to, the told me its contention issues i was told i could leave as there not providing the service they sold me

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this please move if necessary.

Ive just cancelled my SKY TV subscription as we now have an IPTV sub. Currently still on their fibre optic package which is a bit crap really - we pay £34 for around 25mb - 30mb on average. Been looking at switching - Virgin Media offering "guaranteed 100mb Fibre Optic" for £27 a month, theres also Vodafone offering 60mb for £20 a month.

Im new to all this so before making a choice I thought id ask on here are their any ISPs to avoid when it comes to IPTV or does anyone have any recommendations.

Cheers!
I've swtiched tv providers left right and centre in the past but stuck with VM for broadband for years, I pay £44 for phone and 200mb bb, but I apparently get a £9 loyalty discount, because I wanted to drop the phone line as never use it but they offered me discount if I kept it.

Bt infinity 2 for me wifi complete never had an issue get 100 meg has I'm close to the exchange.
To be honest never understood why anyone would want to give anything to sly? Has if you have cancelled your TV subscription you are still giving them money by having there broadband?

Hi formandvoid , Sorry to bother you but I have beetv with the ipv6 on is it wise to turn this off ??? if so how and whyand yes I have iptv
Cheers

Hi formandvoid , Sorry to bother you but I have beetv with the ipv6 on is it wise to turn this off ??? if so how and whyand yes I have iptv
Cheers
I don't have ipv6 turned on on my router I'm with sly but should be in router settings like WiFi settings or something like thst

Back