Best ISP for IPTV

Hi ,Update I have turned ipv6 off and watched footie ok , So imho I did not see any difference if any but will wait till w/end when all the games are available.

Virgin bb all day long, no one can touch them. When and if you sign up pay a little extra for no traffic management, only a couple of quid extra per month. I run with 200mb mag box, zgemma, xbox, pc and 2 laptops no issues with buffering with all devices streaming at once.
But that is also down to your sub provider, do not use a re-seller is my advice.

Agree with baz, there are ones that offer full support and excellent service out there but you just have to find them. tbh most are resellers anyway.You would have to sell thousands of subs for a main provider to even consider supplying you. The ones that think they are with main providers are probably with re sellers anyway.

I've had everything but VM,
Best is Plusnet,they run better than BT,which is strange seeing that BT is their parent company

I've had everything but VM,
Best is Plusnet,they run better than BT,which is strange seeing that BT is their parent company
Never had Plusnet but parents are with them and never hardly any drop outs ect and uk call centre based

Isn't it weird how all the ISP's, with the exception of Virgin all use the same Openreach cabling/infrastructure, yet the service differs so much between them. Just goes to show how crap some of their own routers must be and how much interfering they must do from their own end.....despite always denying this.

If you know the right people to go to they will point you to the source and not a re-seller, to many tales of woe on here for me to even consider a re-seller. IMO

I use vm like others have said ring them and conplain about speed etc they will up it after a while. For iptv turn off ip flooding and ipv6 and my service is sound ..

I use vm like others have said ring them and conplain about speed etc they will up it after a while. For iptv turn off ip flooding and ipv6 and my service is sound ..
I've got ipv6 disabled on mine and seems to steady stream out will look at ip flooding see if that is off but I'm with sky so maybe different to vm

I've got ipv6 disabled on mine and seems to steady stream out will look at ip flooding see if that is off but I'm with sky so maybe different to vm
Yh I think the vm router his it underfirewall so worth a look mate I used to get random buffering on some channels turned that off and never looked back.

Are you just being stupid or looking for an arguement?
If you have read my post correctly, it say's it all does it not?
With you being a TK Veteran and supporter i thought you would be abit more savvy, and not picky like a little child.

WHAT WE DO IN LIFE, ECHOES IN ETERNITY.

I'd reckon that 99.9% of people that are using the source supplier are really using a reseller,
Do you buy your bread from Warburton's too,?

Seen a lot of comments re Vodafone.
Ive had their 38meg BB and unlimited anytime call package for £24 a month for, hmm....15 months now.
Had issues at the start for 2 months till they finally admitted the local exchange needed upgraded.
Since then, been fine, and never caused an IPTV issue (and I have multiroom).

Re Virgin, 7 miles up the road my father has it.
105Meg thru Speedtest.net on a 100meg subscription.
Switch my PIA VPN on when using utorrent, and blam, throttled back 99% to 1 meg, and no its not the VPN - I use same laptop same settings same server link at home and its literally a straight thru link with zero drop off.
Go figure !

I use sky and quite a few people I know are on the same and never had any issues tbh,just have to turn family filters off and I turn off Ipv6 on my router. As bazcfc1 said don't touch Vodaphione it's rubbish. You only need about 10-15mb to run Iptv anyway. I run iptv ,laptop,Ipad and a mobile on sky ant it's fine.
Hi formandvoid
I was looking at a similar post ref;ipv6
My iptv running fine at about 30mbbs whats the benefit of turning it off please
Thanx

Hi formandvoid
I was looking at a similar post ref;ipv6
My iptv running fine at about 30mbbs whats the benefit of turning it off please
Thanx
Its supposed to steady the stream like turning ip flooding off I did on my router and streams have steadied out pretty well unless my provider done something there end

Its supposed to steady the stream like turning ip flooding off I did on my router and streams have steadied out pretty well unless my provider done something there end
Hi Bazcfc1
Thanx for that,
Which one is it u turn off
As both my ipv6 are ticked
Regards ID

Back