TV Best UK Internet Provider for IPTV

Tiarnay

I'm currently with Virgin Media and use IPTV but soon moving house to an area served only by BT Lines. Never had an issue with Virgin and IPTV
I'm aware of some providers having blocks on the weekend football etc in the past. Which is the best provider for IPTV that uses BT Lines - BT, SKY, TalkTalk etc ??

Also I've been told mixed opinions that Virgin can now use BT fibre lines so there's potential that I can keep virgin? others say they are and always will be completely separate so I've no chance

They all work fine with a decent download speed just a case of needing a vpn if any blocking happens.
I have a VPN on standby but only used once since ive been with Virgin.
If / when I change provider id prefer not to use it every time so trying to avoid the main 'blockers'

If / when I change provider id prefer not to use it every time so trying to avoid the main 'blockers'
Plusnet are excellent if bt is available plusnet will be.

Any reason why? I have a vpn set to connect automatically every time I open my iptv app. Apart from very occasional buffering, which a 10 second job of changing vpn server solves, you wouldn't know there was a vpn on. And you're hiding activity from your ISP that way.

Personally would avoid talktalk.

From experience when issues arise they take the absolute mick sorting them out and then charge extra when its not even your fault.

Not to mention the customer service which is shambolic.

BT itself or plusnet as mentioned in here would be fine with IPTV and the speeds would be mostly fine for your needs also.

Any reason why? I have a vpn set to connect automatically every time I open my iptv app. Apart from very occasional buffering, which a 10 second job of changing vpn server solves, you wouldn't know there was a vpn on. And you're hiding activity from your ISP that way.
No particular reason, just rather use the service normally without worrying about VPN since I've done it for years on VM.
If it comes to it with a permanent block etc then a constant VPN will have to be used

If you need to leave virgin then I would go with a smaller ISP as long as they offer you decent speeds, it's normally the big boys that attempt to block but the smaller ones don't so much.

Yes they're also an option hopefully
Think I'll avoid sky altogether
Virgin do not use the same network as BT their cables are much bigger so if virgin is not available to the new property then you have no choice to stay with them. Simple postcode search will tell you the available suppliers.

I believe Zen uses BT lines and is a good option from few people I know who have that. But best to check if it would be available for you.

Wouldn't leave virgin personally. We ate moving soon no matter how nice the house no vorgin no house lol
Ye despite issues I may have specifically with WIFI cant ever see me leaving them for price pay for speeds wont get that anywhere else.

I'm on BT Fibre 250 with BT Halo 1

We don't have Fibre to Premises in my street, but we have your usual Fibre to Cabinet with added GFAST (no longer getting rolled out but still operating where it has been). In layman's terms GFAST technology is a way of shooting more data to homes that are within a short distance of the cabinet. So I manage to get between 200-250 Mbps dl on a good day and have a guarantee that it will always be above 150Mbps. Upload is capped at 50Mbps and is always between 48-50Mbps on speedtests.

They might not be my favourite company, and by far not the cheapest. But BT still offer the best reliability compared to most others I've tried and I've had no issues streaming IPTV through them for the best part of 6 years. Even though Openreach who run the network across the country have long been completely separate from BT since the early 2000s, they still get a lot of favouritism. I factor this opinion on a time I was with Sly Broadband and the copper cabling in our flats utility shaft was killing the internet speed for my service. Sly sent out an Openreach technician and they said they fixed it and I needed to give it 24 hours. It wasn't fixed so went on the phone to Sly who got Openreach back out. This time Openreach spent about an hour tweaking things at the cabinet and said it was sorted. It wasn't and when I called Sly a third time they told me that they wouldn't be able to call openreach out again because they get charged after two callouts. So I asked what I should do and was told point blank to go to BT! So I did. The day my BT broadband guy came round with my new router he also identified the state of the uninsulated copper cabling in our flats utility shafts, got on the blower to Openreach who turned up with a whole team the following day and in the process fixed the broadband for not just me but EVERYONE in our block of flats. My speed back then went from 4Mbps to over 25Mbps (This was early 2010s).

i use sky ultrafast, never had a problem, i've got three suppliers one gets blocked and needs a vpn for which i use express vpn, the other two are fine

I'd invest in a good router or mesh system and it won't matter who your provider is as you'll get the speeds you pay for lol
Same as this 15mb is plenty if you have a stable connection and your own router (ISP) provided router in modem mode and they’re all the same then

Back