Biting the Bullet - a few quick questions

kiddac

First post, so a quick hello all, great community and advice on here.

I am about to setup my first dish and box, I have spent a fair while on this site over the last few days reading up on everything so I am pretty clear on what I need to do and the process of setting everything up. It doesn't seem that complicated as I am a computer geek, so fingers crossed.

A few quick questions that I couldn't seem to find the answers.

I have removed some questions that have been answered as I asked a lot - the answers are still there though for others (y)

Box questions

2) I have got about £100 budget for a box. I will probably be buying from W-O-S rather than fleebay or slow boat. I don't need a HDD or twin tuner yet, so it seems to be a toss up between VU+Zero and the TM-Nano SE. The seem pretty evenly matched so peoples opinions would be good.

3) Do particular firmware/images work better on different boxes, there seems to be a bit of a pc/mac debate about which people prefer. I think I will just go for Openvix for now as there seems to be more guides for that, but there seems lots of fans of blackhole.

5) How good are the PICON sets. I am a graphic designer, so should I just download one, or should I create my own perfect graphic one.

Gifts (if I am not allowed to ask this just delete this bit).

10) If I buy a 24 hour test line, is this active from the moment I receive it, or the moment I install.

Thanks for any help.

And before I start can people PM rough price approximations they are paying, so I know what to roughly expect in the next couple of weeks when I finally get round to completing my setup. Cheers

Last edited:
Personally I would spend an extra £9 over your budget an future proof yourself with the twin tuner lx2

you dont ask much do you,go for zgemma star 2s and set it up as a single tuner for now its only around £70 and will piss all over lx2 boxes and there is loads of support on the forum

Last edited:
As the above advised id go for the zgemma star 2s.
IF you want sky uk then yes your dish will need to be pointed at 28.2e.
As for the images, for the zgemma i'd go for the sucmnsee image people are raving about it.
The zgemma auto updates the channels so no need to mess about with channel lists.
There are loads of picon sets around, some people use them some dont. As for which is better i suppose
it's a matter of opinion.
When you get around to buying a sub ask here http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...lite-pay-server-request-only-july-2015-a.html avoid eBay etc
Prices vary but all i've come across all offer the same package.
When you buy a sub you'll get all the channels you got on the test line ( providing you buy from here ) Also pay attention to the note on there from the admin and only take advice from veteran users or VIP members. Dont buy from new users or people who dont post much.
The football games glitching will be very much dependent on the server your sub is for.
Broadband speed is pretty much irrelevant, you just need A connection it doesnt have to be super fast.
Wouldnt worry about using it with sky broadband.

you dont ask much do you,go for zgemma star 2s and set it up as a single tuner for now its only around £70 and will piss all over lx2 boxes and there is loads of support on the forum

How exactly does the zgemma piss all over the lx2 when they're both e2 boxes with similar specs? Only real difference I can see is price and the fact one is officially supported by vix.

price wise its over £40 cheaper and look on the forum for all the help and downloads ,quick 5 min flash with sucmnnsee image and 2 min to add server all up and running easy for 1st time buyers of enigma boxes and a rock solid box and the remote is a lot nicer to use,the lx2 is like a breeze block in comparison

So it's cheaper (but not officially supported by vix) and looks better in your opinion but spec wise it's the same box so it really doesn't piss all over it
Isn't there a similar image for the lx2 on here which makes set up identical for both boxes and adding a line is the same for every e2 box
Main difference I see is the price. Depends if you want an officially supported box or not

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Both boxes will look identical on screen and operate more or less the same as they have identical chipsets. One is cheaper so if price is an issue go for that.

I went with a vu zero from WOS as i wanted to know the box would be reliable and not a clone. Its a good box but i found it tricky to set up, i could probably do it a lot easier now though.
You can set the epg to auto update the channels, set mine to once a day at a certain time. Im assuming it does the frequency changes automatically when they happen?
You should get very little glitching with a good you know what, maybe once or twice throughout a match. Finding a good one is quite hard work though and im amazed the request section here is allowed yet we are not allowed to talk about it!
Everyone is bound to claim they are the best but no feedback is ever given.

Thanks for your replies so far guys. I agree the zgemma looks very good value, but as its not officially supported by vix I am a bit dubious. Having read quite a few threads on here though people do seem to be liking it. I will make my mind up tomorrow on that. ta.

So it's cheaper (but not officially supported by vix) and looks better in your opinion but spec wise it's the same box so it really doesn't piss all over it
Isn't there a similar image for the lx2 on here which makes set up identical for both boxes and adding a line is the same for every e2 box
Main difference I see is the price. Depends if you want an officially supported box or not

Padder you say box is not officiall supported The box is officially supported by several other Images with no problem at all. Only Vix doesnt support the box

Why is it that Vix refuse to support the zgemma boxes? Keep seeing the word clone bandied about but dont understand it.
Zgemmas are legit boxes are they not?

Yes the are Its all about the cloud ibox they copied the Vix image and they got upset
They people who make the Zgemma made the original Cloud ibox in China But the Koreans made there version

Last edited:

Padder you say box is not officiall supported The box is officially supported by several other Images with no problem at all. Only Vix doesnt support the box

I know but most people use vix. I'm sure the zgemma is a decent box but I was bringing some balance to the assertion that it "pisses all over the lx2" which it clearly doesn't in performance terms

You have to think Vix are In with World of Sat who sell boxes even though there is hardly any difference in specs between the 2 boxes mentioned the price of the LX2 is over £45 more

kiddac you asked for some advice on boxes ,i run around 40 vu boxes 15 lx2 boxes and about 200+zgemma boxes and i wont bother about sky/open box,i have more hastle with vu boxes than anything,for £70 what is the issue just order one and get on with enjoying it man

Thanks 1554Leslie for getting this thread back on track. To end the box debate, I will be purchasing a Zgemma. Now I have got to educate myself on which image to use as I was going to use openvix. As this is my first box, I don't know whether to do it the hard way and learn from scratch, or cheat and use a backup image. Decisions, decisions.

Another quick question as I am setting up a new satellite dish too, do these boxes pick up fta channels out of the box so I can tune/align my dish, or do I need to setup/image first.

Last edited:
flash with backup image 1st you will soon pick up the tricks of the trade and sucumnsee image runs openvix ,if you are a man unt fan i will give you my skin as well

Back