Blue circle spinning

chris24

Over the last few days i have a problem with the blue circle continuously spinning it locks everything up and unable to switch box off or change channel. I have done a fresh install but still no joy, this is on wooshbuild v5 and V6, any help please.
Thanks chris

I use 500gb hard drive which has been formated with a fresh install of wooshbuild V6. But it was the same on wooshbuild V5 Zgemma H2S

Funny you mention this Chris, but I did a fresh install just because I wanted to, then ran updates and had this locking up and slow reaction ever since, my vu solo2 is set just the same as I have always set it up, so I'm thinking it maybe a software issue

R.T.F.I

I have been having this problem as well on my Zgemma too, go to watch something in the portal, start it up and it freezes about a minute in and then the box doesn't respond and you have to reboot the box to get it to work again.

Who doesn't advise that then as I have always ran updates, I don't see the issue, vix I can understand as that isn't official software

R.T.F.I

Last edited:
Compare hd sizes and zero in on the problem maybe its too much to handle the bigger the hdd the bigger the task for the box

Everything work fine and has done for 12 months or so updated to WB 6 , then started with issue's both zgemma h2s both have the spinning blue circle one with 500gb hd and the other 250 GB , and yesterday morning i switched on box and to find out my line had was no longer in the Box completely disappeared had to reinstall it. Possibley a software issue ?

I have/had a blue spinner issue. Every couple of minutes, for a second or two. Whether on a FTA channel, premium satellite channel or IPTV stream.

It started when I loaded my IPTV script and EPG importer. Suspecting that there was too much going on with my h2s, I stripped out all the unnecessary plugins. Disabled timeshift. I've reflashed Wooshbuild and OpenATV umpteen times. Formatted my USB drive, then even changed it for another and I still get the spinner!

There's clearly something working away on the background, but I'm damned if I can find it!

For the sake of my sanity, I've disabled the 'show animation while busy' in the OSD settings. I know it's not the correct answer but, until I fathom it, it's the next best!

Back