Blue circle spinning

Have you tried just reflashing WB (you say "I've reflashed Wooshbuild and OpenATV umpteen times" ), no need to flash OpenATV as well.
Don't re-install your IPTV scripts at this stage and see how your friendly blue spinner behaves over a few hours or so.

This is a process of elimination and at times can be the only handy way of pinpointing what is hogging CPU cycles.

Everything that can be reflashed has been, singularly. The issue has to do with the script and/or epg importer.

My theory is that I need the epg importer for the script, and CrossEPG for Wooshbuild. Is that right? Could that be where the issue is?

I've altered some cacheflush settings and checked SystemInfo to see the CPU usage but still can't figure it!

It's epg import downloading epg in background, it does this auto on reboot ( if your running a FL....SS script

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It's epg import downloading epg in background, it does this auto on reboot ( if your running a FL....SS script

Not necessarily, EGP importer can be configured not to do this.

@Bigdrinks I just use CrossEPG and it populates both my IPTV and Sat EPG's

I've configured the epg importer to load when I want it to and not on boot.

I need (want) it for US/Canadian channels not just the usual Astra 28.2. Or can CrossEPG do those channels too?

I've configured the epg importer to load when I want it to and not on boot.

I need (want) it for US/Canadian channels not just the usual Astra 28.2. Or can CrossEPG do those channels too?

No it can't AFAIK, but I didn't have much success with EGP Importer for the US channels either.

Depends on your supplier whether they have the sources added through scripts

I had this issue crop up ever since my provider said a vpn is needed. Removed the xtream app and voila no more spinning circle while it keeps trying to connect to his server in the background. Once I get my vpn sorted I’ll re-add the app. Hope this helps

I have/had a blue spinner issue. Every couple of minutes, for a second or two. Whether on a FTA channel, premium satellite channel or IPTV stream.

It started when I loaded my IPTV script and EPG importer. Suspecting that there was too much going on with my h2s, I stripped out all the unnecessary plugins. Disabled timeshift. I've reflashed Wooshbuild and OpenATV umpteen times. Formatted my USB drive, then even changed it for another and I still get the spinner!

There's clearly something working away on the background, but I'm damned if I can find it!

For the sake of my sanity, I've disabled the 'show animation while busy' in the OSD settings. I know it's not the correct answer but, until I fathom it, it's the next best!

Hey @Bigdrinks - Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Got similar issues. Trying to rule out the following from reading what you've mentioned
- USB Stick used for Swap File
- EPG Importer
- IPTV Script running in the background

Thanks.

To be fair, its that long ago I cant remember! It was sorted though. I dont use a script anymore, that may have been the answer .

Blue spinner doesn't mean it's anything to do with what you or the box is doing at the time.
It could be trying to update system or satellite settings whether they are relevant or not.
EG you are watching movies/sport via IPTV but box needs updates on sat or cable settings then the blue spinner will appear.
Likewise if it is trying to update system settings
Try webif/terminal
Update opkg
Click enter

Blue spinner doesn't mean it's anything to do with what you or the box is doing at the time.
It could be trying to update system or satellite settings whether they are relevant or not.
EG you are watching movies/sport via IPTV but box needs updates on sat or cable settings then the blue spinner will appear.
Likewise if it is trying to update system settings
Try webif/terminal
Update opkg
Click enter

So I should still be able to access the box via terminal or putty?
What will update opkg actually do?

So I should still be able to access the box via terminal or putty?
What will update opkg actually do?
According to google:
opkg update updates the image feeds located in /etc/opkg/ if you run this command it will not update any thing on the image but allow the image to know updates are there.

IOW the box may be searching for an update but could be looking in the wrong place, hence the blue spinner

I have been having this problem as well on my Zgemma too, go to watch something in the portal, start it up and it freezes about a minute in and then the box doesn't respond and you have to reboot the box to get it to work again.
That’s exactly the issue I have, and wondered if you had resolved it?.

I had this issue on my H2s box and found out it was my all4one software for IPTV, it was set as disable VOD EPG to no so was constantly updating the VOD EPG in the background, set it yes and problem went away.

I had this issue on my H2s box and found out it was my all4one software for IPTV, it was set as disable VOD EPG to no so was constantly updating the VOD EPG in the background, set it yes and problem went away.
Last post on this thread was 10 months ago i think he is sorted now.

Back