MINI Box rebooting cannot work it out

wxltd

Can anyone advise why this box is rebooting intermittently, everything is working as it should when it working but while watching it randomly turns off and reboots sometimes not passing the splash screen until i physically reboot. I am running the latest VIX image, purchased from WOS and i am using an nline.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

recheck your sat and cable feeds for stray strands,have you added loads of things,picons/skins etc.?

you might have to reflash box to a previous image if it keeps rebooting.

Thanks, ill have a look at the feed, i have not installed a single thing as its for my Aunt so less is better as less things likely to go wrong. I read that it could be an issue with the flash drive i used to hold the EPG, ever heard of such thing? it was quite old. I also though it could be an unstable image but then i though i would have seen more about that on here.

Thanks, ill have a look at the feed, i have not installed a single thing as its for my Aunt so less is better as less things likely to go wrong. I read that it could be an issue with the flash drive i used to hold the EPG, ever heard of such thing? it was quite old. I also though it could be an unstable image but then i though i would have seen more about that on here.

what box is it do you have an hardrive fitted
you mentioned the EPG if you go to epg on your box and go to settings the location the epg files go to should be an harddrive wether its internal or external if its set to internal flash then there could be the problem

THe box is a Edison OS Mini Sat.
No hard drive fitted just a usb stick, i am 99% certain it is set to store the EPG there, the reason i mention EPG is because someone had an issue with a box that would not boot after a while (stuck on VIX start screen) and it turned out that it was the USB stick causing the issue. So i am wondering if this could be an issue due to the EPG saving there and updating daily. I will have to pop round to my Aunts but she isnt close so wanted to seek as many solutions before making the trip. Thanks

I always say to people get a kingston 8gb usb when getting box so can use usb for flashing and for epg.No harm to take a few notes of whats on box and when box reboots as it might have to go back to wos.

first thing they will say is to reflash box and use a different image [ might be a bug stored ] and no settings restore.
have your cfg and line on folder on laptop to send back when needed.

another thing missed if on splash screen does box have a lan connection=network test to see all green.
is box powered off at night/unplugged?

Thanks, no the box is left in standby over night. My aunt says she will be watching ITV for e.g. and it will just reboot at least twice per day. Shall i just wipe it and restart with the image before the latest one and see if that works. Ive asked her to run it with the USB out so will speak to her tomorrow to see if it improved. I think on the Initial screen with the tropical background it just has a spinning VIX logo in the top left corner. Im hoping its not a hardware issue as im not sure how WOS are with faulty returns, its only been 6 weeks however and 4 weeks it was sat with me unopened.

wos are good as had to send 2 faulty boxes back to test ,remove line first :grimacing::quiet:,yes reflash with a different image and follow bees thread in setting up a e2 combo with openvix.

Check your Mg-cfg file and make sure the L value is set to 00.
My Edsion Mini did the same rebooting for no reason,even changing channels and setting the L value to 00 fixed it.

Aha, I'll have a look at that. Thank you I really appreciate the help. You helped me a few years back with a vu solo box.

Not the same box,but my mate had same problem but with a amiko box,the hdmi was loose pushed it all the way in sorted,maybe worth a try ;)

Back