Cable boxbranding.so for the H.7C

Willo3092

VIP Member
Could anyone upload this file from their H.7C for me please?

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/boxbranding.so

After many months of trying I've finally got ViX to run on it and I don't want to risk losing it by flashing ATV to get one file. TIA

Could anyone upload this file from their H.7C for me please?

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/boxbranding.so

After many months of trying I've finally got ViX to run on it and I don't want to risk losing it by flashing ATV to get one file. TIA
I know you like playing willo so wht not run a duel firmware box with atv and vix,Can be done

You can do a full backup of vix and keep it on the usb/hard drive and also keep a file on your pc for future ref and then reflash atv and switch between the 2 as and when

I may have to bite the bullet and reflash it and hope I can flash it back.
I've got a H7C that thinks it's a Mutant HD51 at the minute :confused::grimacing:

I really don't like ATV at all tbh.
I would have been happy with ItalySAT but they don't do a build for the H7C.
I've been using OpenDroid on it but I break it too regularly.

I see people are talking about ViX in this thread...... Is there a patched version for H7 ? :-O

No, not really. I've managed to get the latest ViX running on mine but it's not a patched version, more of a bodge.
I don't have the knowledge to be able to extract the disk.img file and recompile it afterwards.
I'm still pratting about with it but everything works apart from FTP and OpenWebIf but you can still access the box through the Windows network and it has an internet connection so can still download plugins and epg okay.
On further investigation it appears that 'user root doesn't exist'.
I've been at work all over Christmas and New Year so haven't had time to mess about with it any further.
In day to day use it works fine though and it's really fast.

... Oh and I can't make an image backup with it branded as a H7 so I've left it as a mutant which is quite apt really ;)

i can see the new posts over there saying my new h7 is like a mutant:grin:,that wife must have big balls and a chain to keep you working through festive time:quiet::grin:

No, not really. I've managed to get the latest ViX running on mine but it's not a patched version, more of a bodge.
I don't have the knowledge to be able to extract the disk.img file and recompile it afterwards.
I'm still pratting about with it but everything works apart from FTP and OpenWebIf but you can still access the box through the Windows network and it has an internet connection so can still download plugins and epg okay.
On further investigation it appears that 'user root doesn't exist'.
I've been at work all over Christmas and New Year so haven't had time to mess about with it any further.
In day to day use it works fine though and it's really fast.

... Oh and I can't make an image backup with it branded as a H7 so I've left it as a mutant which is quite apt really ;)
How did you get it running ?

Are ports 21 and 22 listening on the box ?

I think the missing root user thing is the issue with ftp and openwebif.

How did you get it running ?

I downloaded ATV for the H7 and ViX for a Mutant HD51.
Extracted rootfs.tar.bz2 from both.
Deleted the drivers from the mutant and added the H7 drivers.
zipped it back up as enigma2settings.tar.gz and copied it to the backup_openatv_zgemmah7 folder.
Flashed ATV 6.2 and restored the backup.
Then just tidied the ATV stuff up from the plugins and skins folders.
It updates software online nicely but it thinks it's a HD51.
Can't see them updating the drivers for the mutant anytime soon though so should be fine.

I'll have a look at that on my days off, cheers Dave :(y):

All the image tools I've used in Windows see the image file as a DVD and can't extract it.
I will have to learn how to use Linux properly!
I suspect that it isn't easy to patch the image for an Arm box though or someone would have already done it.
I think the image is built on NTFS rather than ext.

Last edited:
Back