Broadband

macca40

Coming to the end of my contract with TalkTalk at the moment on 65Mbps for £27 been in touch with them to get a better deal they offered me 150 Mbps new eero 6 router for £26 18-months contract anyone got an eero 6?

Also got an offer from virgin M125 Fibre broadband + Phone free router and installation for £23.95 18 months contract.

What would you go for?? not sure about eero 6 don't know much about them.

Anyone in the household got an O2 account / PAYG sim you would qualify for a volt package on Virgin

When your household is with Virgin Media and O2 you'll get supercharged speeds, data and WiFi. That means double the mobile data on every eligible O2 Pay Monthly plan in your household. A broadband speed boost to the next available level (if you aren't already on the fastest speeds you can get in your area) and up to 3 WiFi Pods (if needed) at no extra cost. And O2 Travel Inclusive Zone, so you can use your O2 phone or sim in 75 destinations at no extra cost. Plus, if you take out a phone on a new O2 Custom Plan, you'll get up to £150 off an additional O2 Custom Plan for a connected tablet, laptop or smartwatch – just give O2 a ring or pop into an O2 shop to claim your discount. All on top of the lightning-fast speeds, reliability and great rewards with Priority and Extras from O2.

Don't forget there's between £140 to £160 in incentives available from Voucher codes dot co dot uk on Virgin Media bundles and £110 for broadband only until 8th January.

These are usually paid as Amazon vouchers but you can ring VM telesales who'll often match them as bill credits instead - avoiding relying upon tracking cookies etc.

If going down the bill credit route, be aware some telesales agents sometimes try to deduct the standard setup fee (normally £35) from your amount. They shouldn't do this in cases where there isn't normally a charge - so check your deal first and stand your ground. The Winter Sale comes with £0 setup fees.

I know someone who has an eero , works fine , I know they don’t work with other mesh systems so if you need mesh you gotta buy another eero. Virgin would have to take part of my block paving up so I have kept away from them . have a look at Quidco for cash back.

Is city fibre in your area as there supposed be cheap and good speeds.
The offer you got off Virgin was it an online deal?? As I got offered a new deal online as just been installed in our area and went for it and cancelled it.
Got missus to ring them as new customers and she managed to get 500gig with volt O2 sim pay monthly no phone tho for £32 all included the sim works out £13 roughly and £19 for broadband for 18 months

Gone with Virgin
TalkTalk kept cutting me off when I phone back don't know if it was deliberate when I got through just canceled it glad to see the back of them, to be honest.

Reactions: m4u
Gone with Virgin
TalkTalk kept cutting me off when I phone back don't know if it was deliberate when I got through just canceled it glad to see the back of them, to be honest.
I'm told they often cut you off like that on a bad day just to improve their stats. Hope you got a referral / welcome bonus with your Virgin deal.

Gone with Virgin
You may be throttled with IPTV & VM. You'll need to possibly set up the router to uncheck some settings.

Back