BT Showcase Alternative - Champions League Final

lukieno1

Evening all

I have a mate who's public event coincides with the Champions League Final on 26th May. They'd like to show the game on a big screen. I know BT are showing it FTA on Freeview however the location is in a dip that can only pick up a reduced service transmitter that doesn't show BT Showcase HD. The internet connection for the event won't be reliable enough for streaming it via BT Sport site or Youtube.

Can anyone help me with which satellites will be showing it FTA with english commentary, I know the english bein's have been moved now :(

worst case scenario it will have to be video feed with radio 5 live as the audio but would like to avoid that if I can

HELP ME!! lol

Last edited by a moderator:
It would seem to me you dont need which satellites are showing it - you need a list of channels showing it.
Is the place of this event a public place, or a private house?
If a private house, you might consider an IPTV line on an android box that you can bring with you. (Or firestick)
How were you planning a video feed with radio 5? It would be out of sync for sure .

if a public event, is it wise showing an unauthorised broadcast. Even though it's available on freeview that doesn't mean watching via another form is permitted.

it's in the middle of a field so IPTV isn't an option lol
internet/wifi is provided via microwave link which isn't stable enough to stream video for that length of time

it's a music festival so the AV equipment on site would be more than capable of fixing a sync issue but would like to avoid that if i can

if a public event, is it wise showing an unauthorised broadcast. Even though it's available on freeview that doesn't mean watching via another form is permitted.
thanks for the input mate but already been in touch with the relevant companies regarding licensing/copyright, just looking for backup options as I don't dabble in foreign sats that much
once an option is chosen then we can sign off/investigate the legal side of it

Thank you for your insightful contribution to the thread pal, I'm now armed with a whole list of channels on different satellites thanks to you :emoji_raised_hands:

The amount of support & advice here to receive subscription content illegally and I ask for a list of channels & satellites that are showing the game FTA so I can attend a site survey armed with a few backup options, and all I get is the third degree about the legality of it and how my post was worded.

Nothing would've been shown without first checking the legal side of it, I posted for advice from Satellite hobbyists.........not solicitors :rolleyes:

Back