Buyer's be aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpez

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I thought I would let people know who may be in the area of a PC repair company called PC Doctor who also trade under similar names I feel that they are not to be trusted as I have got a close relative who has been scammed by these people. The job in question was a laptop that needed a screen repair due to them closing the lid with a pen on the keyboard. The laptop worked ok on an external monitor through VGA port, the guy who cam out told him he needed to take it with him as he didn't have the screen in stock. The next day he received a phone call saying that the laptop had a graphics fault and the motherboard needs to be replaced now bearing in mind it works on a external he found it strange and asked for it back. The screen has now been replaced by another company who I'm not promoting and working fine. Hence my post as to be aware. I have read their Google reviews and it appears that they seem to be leaving themselves five star reviews at different locations but the same company none of them are there actual place of residence they are noted below just for your information.

Feel free to leave one star.

Post edited as requested.

Last edited:
Cheers for heads up that's why I use a mate or my brother in law to sort my computers out had a bad experience years ago since then don't trust no shop or pc repair company apart from 2 people it's wrong what people do now days

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to be careful with posts like this.
You state the company is called PC Doctor, yet your google link takes us to companies called Mobile PC Doctor/Mobile Computer Doctor/
Which one is correct ?

I'm always a bit wary of claims like these. i'm not saying the OP isn't being completely truthful but it has been known for competitors to carry out this kind of online campaign in an effort to gain an advantage over their competitor(s)

Sorry if this is in the wrong place but I thought I would let people know who may be in the area of a PC repair company called PC Doctor that they are not to be trusted as I have got a close relative who has been scammed by these people and I have read their Google reviews and it appears that they seem to be leaving themselves five star reviews at different locations but the same company none of them are there actual place of residence they are noted below just for your information.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?cli...UI-fE#istate=lrl:iv&rlimm=8033146333383883162
Feel free to leave one star.

Leaving a one star review without using their service, as you suggest people do, is every bit as bad as your claims that they leave themselves five star reviews. Unsubstantiated claims at that.

Hi guys I can see how this looks a bit suspect. However I can tell you this genuine. The link is to the guy that was used, however as I have gone through his reviews he seems to have similar company names for the same person and also he has reviews from the same people on each account. My hasty request for one star admittedly is in haste however I feel that the more people that stay away from this crook the better, my thinking was if it's seen in a way like the eBay system like feedback the worse the rating more chance people wound not be a victim.

You need to be careful with posts like this.
You state the company is called PC Doctor, yet your google link takes us to companies called Mobile PC Doctor/Mobile Computer Doctor/
Which one is correct ?
It's all the same person as I've explained below.

I can see how this looks but I have explained my reasoning in the below post.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are telling no-one the story, just giving us a google search page, and asking us to leave one star reviews.

Enlighten us, and edit your first post to reflect the company you are talking about, or it will be deleted tomorrow.

Cheers,
Wheelo

You are telling no-one the story, just giving us a google search page, and asking us to leave one star reviews.

Enlighten us, and edit your first post to reflect the company you are talking about, or it will be deleted tomorrow.

Cheers,
Wheelo
Post edited as requested.

This kind of post I have left is a double edged sword. One because I'm trying to make people aware in my area of this company. Two is if people click on the link they would eventually get more promotion through Google clicks using them up on any search engine.

Every trade have people who are more than happy to rip you off without a second thought. Thats why your always better trying to find someone through word of mouth as a recommendation.

Every trade have people who are more than happy to rip you off without a second thought. Thats why your always better trying to find someone through word of mouth as a recommendation.
I agree. However if we can route out the bad it can be better for all. There's enough scammers out there and money is precious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back