Buzztv vidstick max ,bt200 problems

Ricco33

Hi guys ,I have a buzztv vidstick max and seems a great device but once I pair the the new bt200 remote it's great at first then starts lagging etc after that.ive unpaired and paired again but same result I'm on 2nd stick now so are any of you guys seeing anything on the max stick.

I think I know what you are referring to -if you haven't used the remote in a few minutes, it goes "asleep", it then takes about 5 seconds to "find" the stick again. After that, with constant use it's back to normal.
I think this is a battery saving function, to keep bluetooth going all day and night would be a nightmare for battery life.
The thing to do might be to try and put the ir sensor stuck to side of TV in as un obvious a position as possible.. it is instantaneous.
@pabloescaban @bazcfc1 donyou think I'm reading this one right?

I think I know what you are referring to -if you haven't used the remote in a few minutes, it goes "asleep", it then takes about 5 seconds to "find" the stick again. After that, with constant use it's back to normal.
I think this is a battery saving function, to keep bluetooth going all day and night would be a nightmare for battery life.
The thing to do might be to try and put the ir sensor stuck to side of TV in as un obvious a position as possible.. it is instantaneous.
Hi and thanks for reply,problem occurs even when I'm constantly using it starts great then goes AWOL.hopefully buzztv 5 update will fix this when ever we get it.

I had already mentioned in a previous thread about it re connecting and taking a few mins and Pablo mentioned about replacing batteries.
Deffinatly worth a try via ir see if still laggy ect

I had already mentioned in a previous thread about it re connecting and taking a few mins and Pablo mentioned about replacing batteries.
Deffinatly worth a try via ir see if still laggy ect
Ir is fine no lagging etc ,just want the bt200 via Bluetooth to work as it should.if I load it up and go Thu menus etc non stop after few mins it's starts jumping etc...so Bluetooth don't have to reconnect at all.hope that makes sense.

Yeah makes sense but say your watching hour long corrie special don't touch remote it will make the connection idle my Android tv remote is exact same as what you describe but I just put that down to re connecting to save battery power in remote but @Kuul Media maybe able to say more when next online

Hi kuul have emailed you to say I'll take a new bt200 remote with new software on.pass your details on and I'll pay.👍

Bump.
did Anybody find a fix for the vidstick remote ?
im starting to get the same problems with lagging etc..
im thinking of buying a new remote but I’m not sure if the same problems will start again..

most of the remotes at Kuul Media are sold out and there doesn’t seem to be any alternatives from Amazon etc

I'd like to bump this. Only had my VidStick Max a few months and its not been great. I've managed through the laggy menu's and sluggish GUI but running into the same issue with the remote now.

Its a bizarre issue where i can only press one button every 5 seconds, otherwise it just freezes. I literally have to count 5 seconds after every press to navigate anywhere. Wondering if anyone else had something similar?

Considering getting rid and of it and replacing with a U5 box which has been solid so far for me.

I'd like to bump this. Only had my VidStick Max a few months and its not been great. I've managed through the laggy menu's and sluggish GUI but running into the same issue with the remote now.

Its a bizarre issue where i can only press one button every 5 seconds, otherwise it just freezes. I literally have to count 5 seconds after every press to navigate anywhere. Wondering if anyone else had something similar?

Considering getting rid and of it and replacing with a U5 box which has been solid so far for me.
Sounds like a firmware update required

From what I have read it could be that the BT-200 isn’t actually paired to BT although the OS thinks it’s connected.

1. Make sure your IR sensor cable is connected.

2. Delete BT-200 from the Bluetooth Menu
(HomeScreen/Settings/Bluetooth)

3. Re-Pair BT-200 from Bluetooth Menu by searching for new Bluetooth devices.
(Hold down the -VOLUME & OK/Centre Button for 5 seconds). LED on remote will begin to pulse. Release the buttons.

4. Ensure the BT-200 remote is approx. 2-3FT from Vidstick.

5. BT-200 should appear on screen. Select OK to begin Pairing.

It should show the process as Pairing, Connecting, Paired.

6. Rotate the remote facing the opposite way to the Vidstick/TV for example facing your sofa. Hide the IR sensor away from line of sight i.e. tuck it away behind the tv and cover the lens on the top of your remote with one hand. With the other hand press various buttons on your remote. If it works it’s paired to BT as BT passing through flesh!

We’ll post full instructions/hints and tips

Last edited:
Detailed instructions:

Please try our instructions below:

1. REPLACE BATTERIES WITH HIGH PERFORMANCE/POWER BATTERIES
  2. HOMESCREEN/SETTINGS/REMOTE & ACCESSORIES
  3. IF YOU SEE YOUR REMOTE PAIRED AS EITHER BT-100/BT-200/BT-250, THEN UNPAIR THAT VERSION
  4. ONCE THAT REMOTE VERSION IS REMOVED/UNPAIRED, CLICK ON ADD ACCESSORY
  5. STAND 2-3 FEET FROM YOUR BUZZTV DEVICE WITH YOUR BT-200 REMOTE CONTROL
  6. FROM YOUR BT-200 REMOTE CONTROL, HOLD DOWN THE ‘OK’ & -VOL’ BUTTONS UNTIL THE LED ON THE REMOTE STARTS TO PULSE
  7. ON YOUR TV SCREEN, THE BT-200 REMOTE CONTROL WILL APPEAR
  8. HIGHLIGHT THE BT-100 REMOTE CONTROL AND PRESS ‘OK’ TO PAIR.

NOTE* BT-200 BLUETOOTH MAY AUTOMATICALLY UNPAIR OVER TIME IF:

BATTERIES ARE ON LOW POWER

BATTERIES HAVE BEEN REMOVED/REPLACED

FACTORY RESETING THE DEVICE.

TIP* FROM HOME SCREEN:

TO TEST IF BT-200 REMOTE CONTROL IS BLUETOOTH PAIRED. TURN THE REMOTE CONTROL TO THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION TO YOUR BUZZTV DEVICE AND COVER THE REMOTE CONTROL LENS FOUND AT THE TOP OF THE REMOTE CONTROL.

PRESS THE DIRECTIONAL KEYPAD ON YOUR REMOTE CONTROL AND IF THE CURSOR OPERATES ON THE BUZZTV DEVICE, THEN YOUR REMOTE IS PAIRED.

IF NOT, FOLLOW THE STEPS ABOVE TO UN-PAIR AND RE-PAIR.

Back