cable boxes

I've got a nano 3t combo with cable tuner. Could I get HD channels through this tuner? What's it like compared to watching sly? Isn't it quite glitchy?

@intrigue

vm is fine aslong as your with the right provider. Cable hd pic isnt as sharp as sat hd. I run a combo receiver but use german sat for hd movies and documentaries with english audio. And vm for hd sky sports.

Thanks NavSG - good to know. I'm not too worried about HD, but just in case. Out of interest, where is the dish pointing for german sat and what is the package called?

Sky De on 19.2e. They broadcast the same discovery, nat geo, history channels and movies in hd in german but have an english audio feed too. All in HD, they're just an hour ahead. That just leaves vm for hd footy. I have 13e and 19.2e for hd footy not broadcast by sky or bt so never miss my team's games ;-)

as i said in first post support is vital for any box to succeed so why do manufacturers make it so hard for the little guy to get info,any handbook with box?

googled the name found their forum with a few posts on it last was november 14 2014 and admin closed the post added a new link for support=domain for sale lol.
hope you did not buy a shite bucket.

added to first post cheers

Last edited:
googled the name found their forum with a few posts on it last was november 14 2014 and admin closed the post added a new link for support=domain for sale lol.
hope you did not buy a shite bucket.

added to first post cheers
Haha... I hope it stays a year in the game.

not sure if all cable tuners have issues but might be location with weak signal issue.=hd pixelation.

Hi Cactikid, I have read quite a few of your posts and must say that you seem quite knowledgeable about these boxes. I am currently subscribed to sky but have grown very fed up with their cost and service. My question is, can you recommend a box that would give me a similar setup: recording at least 2 channels, EPG, access to sports channels, etc. (The following boxes look interesting: DM800, VU+ Duo2, Zgemma-star, Octagon SF 918cg se). What would you recommend? Also if anyone else could give an input, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

This is a cable section,

Are you looking for a sat box, cable box or a box that does both ?

You will need a twin tuner of some description to record two channels.

A box that does both. I am relatively new to this but learn quickly. I've got a sky dish outside with 2 lnb. Does any of the these boxes have a twin tuner?

Back