cable boxes

what is the difference between cable and sat box, as i have two cables coming into my sky box i presume i would only need a twin sat box and not bother with a cable box.
A cable box is for Virmin
Sat box is for SKY

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

You may have two feeds from your satellite (that's the giveaway) dish, but that isn't cable. Cable comes out of the ground.

Ok thats good to know guys, so any box i order should have 2 sat tuners on board, and ignore the cable options. another thing that i notice when you visit sites that sell these boxes, is that some give an option to flash the box or leave it at factory conditions, after alot of searching, it seems wooshbuild is the more straight forward way for a novice to go, so should i order a box pre flashed open atv or vix i think their is night and day as well, as you can tell i have no idea what all this means, never even heard of flashing a box before yesterday, any help guys would be really appreciated.
I know i could do things the easy way and just buy a box fully loaded with all this stuff, but i would love to try and do this myself. until i found this forum i probably would have,

Last edited:
It depends what you are looking for mate and keep in mind that this thread is purely meant for Cable (Vermin). So, you need to know if you are looking for Satellite (Sly); Cable (Vermin); or both (combo).

If you're flashing it with a build it's irrelevant what you buy it flashed with originally to be honest. Just make sure the box you buy is supported by wooshbuild - might sound daft but important to remember.

choppa thanks for that, never sure if i am posting in the right thread here, still getting use to this foum, the black background is a bit off putting for me as the posts here are a kind of grey colour.
Janso. Good to know that mate, thank you. I will have to remember that, does not sound daft at all, i could very well have bought a box that was not supported by wooshbuild, then i would have felt stupid all right.

Can anyone help me? Using a Zgemma H2H with Vermin, I was wondering how the CCcam.list file should look when editing it on notepad before sending it to the Zgemma box via FTP or on a USB soft cam importer.

I got 3 C: test lines just not sure how they are supposed to be inserted into the file.

I added the lines exactly how I received them into only into 1 .CFG file via notepad then added it onto the box by remitting to it and tried USB cam importer but didn't work.

Why not just use them on a CCcam.cfg and run it in CCcam rather than faff about with mgcamd?

This is the thing mate this part off the set up is completely losing me.

The email only contained 3 C: lines (a think) I added them to a ccccam.cfg only via notepad and then put it on a USB and tried USB cam importer but it didn't pick up the file on the USB.

How should the line be inserted into the file via notepad. Could you Send me a rough example?

Make sure the file is named CCcam.cfg exactly like that for one thing. If you want to PM me your line details I can have a look for you.

H2S is a satellite receiver, and shouldn't be affected by a new hub.
Check the internet is confirmed working on the receiver, then restart your softcam

Back