Cables Required For Flashing The Kryptview.

Hi Fin just wondering if you managed to get this fault sorted as i have the same problem and have tryed different laptops, loaders and bin files. Any info you may have would be must appreciated

Hi.. I'm new to this so can someone confirm these are the correct cables before I purchase them:

1M DB9-F to Female 9 Pin Serial Null Modem RS232 Cable

USB to Male DB9 RS232 Serial Null Modem Adapter Cable 2

Unable to put links as I'm new, but they're both on eBay.

Is there a difference betwen 'DB9' and 'RS232'? Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi.. I'm new to this so can someone confirm these are the correct cables before I purchase them:

1M DB9-F to Female 9 Pin Serial Null Modem RS232 Cable

USB to Male DB9 RS232 Serial Null Modem Adapter Cable 2

Unable to put links as I'm new, but they're both on eBay.

Is there a difference betwen 'DB9' and 'RS232'? Help would be appreciated, thanks.

Put up the ebay item number and also see the first post of this thread.

This is really good information, although they should have just gone with an easier interface like USB!

a null modem cable will transfer all data from pc to box,where as a usb adapter may lose info in downloading.:whistling:

Ok a memory card slot or a usb slot to put the bin file onto a usb stick and run it on the box ;)

does the kv 780 have a usb slot?,i thought it was only a starview that had it.thats why kv needed a hard flash by cable first.

No it doesn't, I was just saying that it would have been easier that way compared to a null modem cable, maybe in the future that is how you could update the kryptview boxes....

sorry for jumping n as im new to this i havent a clue but im tryn to also set up a krytview a780 but my laptop has 15 pins is there any easy soloutions to this thanks in advance

---------- Post Merged at 04:50 PM ----------

do all krytview a780 need flashed as i got new one and havent a clue

If "new" then will need a flash..if its "used" then a re scan with correct net id.. if all this is confusing already..got a send/return service..if you get my drift..!! Ted

any friends got old lappy or tower pc like a dell as they came with serial ports for flashing.or use teds cycle service lol

Maplins have supplied plenty of people with RS232 serial cables
instead of null modem cables, so good luck !!! lol

Thanks for the info, realised my laptop didn't have the 9 PIN serial so will run to Maplin for the USB adapter. Cheers

Thanks for the sticky - Just about to embark on a new journey thought that I'd mention that the Null Modem cable required is female to female... I know that the pictures show that but I couldn't see a text on the fact. I've ordered via fleebay on a slow boat as not in a hurry. Watch this space I'll be back for more help !
Thanks again. - AP

someone at work had one that they are lending to me ... but it's brand new so needs to be flashed.. do we need to take the conversation to another thread ?

ok if its only a loan,i dont think i would recommend buying them now with better out there,all info above for flashing this box when you get the correct cable,just reread it again if in trouble or shout.

Back