Cache and swap files

possibly to slow it down? i would be using them on the old vu duo which is slow and has memory issues and not on lx2.

I believe a swapfile creates a file of a set size (usually 256 or 512mb) on your external HDD/USB and the box uses this as extra RAM

I don't how they ended up on my lx2, I just saw them when browsing through the menus...

thinking of re flashing with forcefires back up, bit worried in case it goes wrong though

I've been setting up my mates amiko shd 8900 on a vix image and seems faster/smoother than my lx2

amiko is not an enigma2 receiver as the chip does not support e2 according to wos.no harm in setting boxes up from scratch but dont use restored settings
copy cfg and line to pc first.

Will do

i think the image was a "experimental" one from vix4 site

but I'm telling you it's absolutely like the vix on my lx2 with the sly skins, plugins etc

that is what the cloners do copy original receivers,look at the zgemma running patched image of vix with the wos sign lol

Amiko are enigma2 boxes. They just use SH4 chips instead of mips. I have an amiko 8900 and an alien 2 for 3 years now. Both running great on OpenARP images with the full suite of enigama2 skins and plugins

that is what the cloners do copy original receivers,look at the zgemma running patched image of vix with the wos sign lol

In this case it's not the receiver thats being cloned but the image. The receiver is a genuine SH4 based box but the so called ViX4 image is knocked out customers into thinking they are getting support. Funnily enough he does not even support his cloned images him self but says they are a "hobby" what ever thats supposed to mean.

---------- Post Merged at 08:43 AM ----------

i think the image was a "experimental" one from vix4 site

but I'm telling you it's absolutely like the vix on my lx2 with the sly skins, plugins etc

It's designed specifically this way so that users believe they are getting a real ViX image with real ViX support, none the less it's not ViX it's just a image by one of the single worst traders in Europe, god forbid you ever ask for help on his official forum, you will be instantly banned. don't believe me just google and look at some of the feedback these conmen have gotten over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't how they ended up on my lx2, I just saw them when browsing through the menus...
thinking of re flashing with forcefires back up, bit worried in case it goes wrong though

Don't reflash just turn the swap file off, its not an error some poeple like it others don't so its enabled in my backup.

He could, but if turning the swap file off sorts it out for him then no point re-flashing. Some boxes behave slow and slugish with the swap file on and speed up and settle down with the swap file turned off so suggested that action first. A re-flash wont solve it if the problem is back again after a re-flash as he's just loading the error back on.

image.jpg

The swap files are inactive

do I need to adjust them to speed up my box?

Or I might just have to reflash.

btw in the the downloads plugin where is backupsuite located?

Thanks

Back