Techkings

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can’t see FTA/ terrestrial channels after moving house

harto

Registered
Hi. I’ve got a H2S running wooshbuild and Eyepeeteevee via the xtreamtv plugin.
I moved house yesterday and I knew the xtreamtv stuff wouldn’t work because I don’t have internet at the new place but I thought all the regular FTA stuff would still work. However when I connected the box to the 2 cables from the sky dish no FTA channels came on. I’ve done an automatic scan and it detects 82 channels nearly all of which I can’t watch (some of them are sky channels). The only one I seem able to watch is ITV. BBC1, BBC2, CH4 and CH5 aren’t even detected. If I can watch ITV it doesn’t seem right I can’t watch bbc and the other terrestrial channels. Any ideas?

noddyrams

Forum Supporter
I moved house last year and had the same issue. As @urie states it could be to do with the wrong LNB on your sky dish. If the previous owner had sky Q the LNB will be a sky Q one and wont work with your box.

I had to purchase a new LNB and swap it over. It was really easy and straight forward to do.

noddyrams

Forum Supporter