Can I send and receive a PAC code from a 3 PAYG Sim with no credit?

36red

Okay guys heres the idea,

I want to keep my number with the same mobile phone operator.
I've been told I can get a PAC code and use a PAYG 3 Sim to send it to.
A day or so later I can then request a PAC code from 3 and give it to my mobile suppler, and I can do this without putting ANY CREDIT on tne 3 sim.
Does this sound right or rubbish?

Possibly or if you have an account with them you can request it that way always worth a try see if you can get your pac number with no credit as it goes direct to your network operator

So who is your phone number with then,?
My phone number is with company A but I have now obtained a marvellous deal from company A with a new number.
By moving my existing number via a PAC to 3 I can then at a later date move it back to company A via a PAC.

My phone number is with company A but I have now obtained a marvellous deal from company A with a new number.
By moving my existing number via a PAC to 3 I can then at a later date move it back to company A via a PAC.
Your pac codes only last for 30 days

Your pac codes only last for 30 days
yes thats more than enough. i just want to move it to another company then switch it back, all this can be done in a couple of days. when my current contract ends i will then request a PAC code, this will then be sent to 3 PAYG for them to update the 3 sim. A day later I will request a PAC code from 3 and give it my new company, simplez (in theory anyway lol)

You need the company the number is with to send the PAC to your that number, you can't get it sent to a different number,
People would be stealing other people's numbers left right and centre with a scenario like that,

You need the company the number is with to send the PAC to your that number, you can't get it sent to a different number,
People would be stealing other people's numbers left right and centre with a scenario like that,
yes i know mate, im requesting a pac code in march which will then be valid for 30 days.
i will start my new contract with new number the day after my current contract ends.
i will send my pac to 3 payg sim the day after my current contract has ended.
a day or so later i will request a pac from 3 payg.
i will then send this new pac to my new company.
if the 3 payg sim needs topping up to do this i will trash the number.

yes i know mate, im requesting a pac code in march which will then be valid for 30 days.
i will start my new contract with new number the day after my current contract ends.
i will send my pac to 3 payg sim the day after my current contract has ended.
a day or so later i will request a pac from 3 payg.
i will then send this new pac to my new company.
if the 3 payg sim needs topping up to do this i will trash the number.
AFAIAA
You will have to register the new SIM,
At that point you top it up and use your PAC to Tx the number.

On another note
Why not just get your new SIM from whoever you are going with, then simply use your PAC on that sim,?
I'm still lost as to why they won't give you the new deal on your current SIM.

On another note
Why not just get your new SIM from whoever you are going with, then simply use your PAC on that sim,?
I'm still lost as to why they won't give you the new deal on your current SIM.
The new deal is for new customers only so I had to apply for the deal under a different e-mail, identity etc you get the drift

The new deal is for new customers only so I had to apply for the deal under a different e-mail, identity etc you get the drift
And you don't think it will flag up on the system when you try and port the number back,?
Surely there will be a caveat about not having been a customer for X amount of time.

And you don't think it will flag up on the system when you try and port the number back,?
Surely there will be a caveat about not having been a customer for X amount of time.
Nope its a rolling 30 day contract cancel when you want.

But you won't be a new customer,
and won't be for a certain amount of time.
And you want to port an existing customers number back to them.
no the number wont be that of an existing customer because i will not renew that 30 day contract.
i will port back to them the number a few days after my 30 day contract has ended and my new one is up and running.
they won't be arsed they just want cash cash cash, it's the way of the world.

got my new sim today, not activating it till 14th march though
£3.47 for first 3 months with 10gb data and unlimited calls n texts then £6.95 per month thereafter

Back