Channels down Sky Arts 1+2 HD/History HD/Crime HD/Nat Geo HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read this on another skybox site,
Trandonder V/29500 could be down.... all the missing channels are transmitting from that trandponder. Any body got proper sky to check if its down on there own too(silly question on this page i know)...keep your fingers crossed its just astras transponder that has gone down and not sky testing summat on it

if that the case sky action hd tlc hd would not work frq 12246 v 29500
also not working sky arts 1/2 hd on 12363 v 29500 but disc hd sky sports3 hd working on same transponder

i think sly is in there test mode and will go like sky itl did no hd
but i could be wrong

Last edited:
update:

over the next few weeks sky are rolling out a new epg for boxes.

/latestnews/article/my-sky-updates/2014-03/sky-plus-homepage-update/#update_schedule?DCMP=AFC-78888&affiliate=true

thomsom boxes with firmware 4e30 will be passed over and not get the new epg (something about mpeg 5 ) and this will end HD being shared via them cards.
Customers will be forced to get a box swop.

SD should be ok, as there is still over 4 million users on the old SD boxes. (old white boxes)

Last edited:
Thanks for that satman.

I for one wouldn't mind so long as I could still receive the standard def variants of the HD channels.

After all, it's not like I'm paying a fortune to get them ;)

just read this off my supplier The updates being done by Sky and detailed on their site are to roll out the new Sky Homepage on their HD boxes, it will need an Internet connection to their box for full features and the Thomson boxes will not get this update.

Whether the current issues are related to this is unknown, what I can say though is that the 5 affected HD channels are not working on a Thomson Sky+HD box with a paired card and customer services don't know why, they just offer to send a free replacement box, which is no good to people that need a Thomson for an old TV with Component but no HDMI.

Some people are reporting that the channels are not working on Samsung boxes either, which could cause a rollback. Sky may be prepared to swap out Thomson boxes but there are too many Samsungs to be economical. Certainly this will not affect SD channels as there are probably Millions of SD boxes still in use.

just read this off my supplier The updates being done by Sky and detailed on their site are to roll out the new Sky Homepage on their HD boxes, it will need an Internet connection to their box for full features and the Thomson boxes will not get this update.

Whether the current issues are related to this is unknown, what I can say though is that the 5 affected HD channels are not working on a Thomson Sky+HD box with a paired card and customer services don't know why, they just offer to send a free replacement box, which is no good to people that need a Thomson for an old TV with Component but no HDMI.

Some people are reporting that the channels are not working on Samsung boxes either, which could cause a rollback. Sky may be prepared to swap out Thomson boxes but there are too many Samsungs to be economical. Certainly this will not affect SD channels as there are probably Millions of SD boxes still in use.

Thanks for the info m8, do you mind if i share your comment

I can confirm the channels ARE workin on a samsung box now as I got one in front room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

got this from my provider his english is not the best
Might possible fix n a day or two if thy change mpeg4 to mpeg5 thn possible thy down on some 3rd party boxes.

Will go fr update da card n official box tonight lets see wat happen thn.

At moment sd history and others r ok.
On one card national geographic HD also showing ok to me

love this just got a email off the crapview (snedz) MORNING ALL HERES THE LATEST NEWS ALL SKY BOXES HAVE STARTED LOSING CHANNELSSO IT WONT BE LONG BEFORE TOTALLY FINISHED
SO GRAB A DEAL WHILE THE OFFERS IS ON WITH STARVIEW
THE SYSTEM IS WORKING PERFECTLY EVERY THING IS GLITCH FREE AND ALL CHANNELS WORKING ROFL

i dont think sly are up to too much or they would of just taken the whole lot down in one go. amd they more than likley would of started with the sports and movie channels

S
love this just got a email off the crapview (snedz) MORNING ALL HERES THE LATEST NEWS ALL SKY BOXES HAVE STARTED LOSING CHANNELSSO IT WONT BE LONG BEFORE TOTALLY FINISHED
SO GRAB A DEAL WHILE THE OFFERS IS ON WITH STARVIEW
THE SYSTEM IS WORKING PERFECTLY EVERY THING IS GLITCH FREE AND ALL CHANNELS WORKING ROFL

Sounds like an advert for Starview to me.

i dont think sly are up to too much or they would of just taken the whole lot down in one go. amd they more than likley would of started with the sports and movie channels

Thought this at first but if the switchover had a problem Sky would much rather that problem affect sky arts and history HD etc than the likes of skymovies/sports

Thought this at first but if the switchover had a problem Sky would much rather that problem affect sky arts and history HD etc than the likes of skymovies/sports

This. If things went wrong then the less popular channels would attract less complaints from subscribers.

lol history HD is a big channel

I've actually found something I wanted to watch yesterday on Crime for the first time ever! And I really wanted to watch Squeeze Live yesterday on Sky Arts 1, typical.

---------- Post Merged at 12:58 PM ----------

Suppose I'll start reinstating the SD channels I deleted.

Hi need some help I have channels missing on my sky F5s box had it since December never done any updates. If I did a channel update will it work?

---------- Post Merged at 01:54 PM ----------

Forgot to say that on the screen it says invalid channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back