Channels keep freezing, any ideas please !!!

home plugs for internet feed ?

yeah as i said my box is too far away from the router to have it connected directly (permanently)

had these anyway - TP-LINK TL-PA411KIT AV500 Powerline Adapter Kit - Twin Pack

so used 'em and they worked fine for 90% of channels and tbh the freezing was for seconds not minutes but frustrating watching football nall the same

have been reading on the internet a lot last few days and seemed worth a try to put the ethernet cable direct from router into Zgemma and it's worked perfectly all night on a channnel that froze for short periods yesterday

and coincidently knew it wasnt the line as the lad has a line from same provider on his openbox V8s and his never froze (although from memory his is ethernet direct from router to box permanently)

Last edited:
Andy, tried resetting your home plugs, rebooting box and router and using another mg config file from downloads?

Sent from my VF695 using Tapatalk

Doe's your internet speed matter weather your line I'll freeze or not I have two line active on my mum zgemma box and it still freeze's but her internet speed is crap about 2 gig , I was told it didn't matter about your speed as your not streaming for the box to work just opening a line I think! .Has anyone got any ideas before I buy a new line from a better supplier.

2 Gig should be fine as long as stable. Ping more important. The internet is only decrypting the line. It's still coming through the satellite.

Test a line or 3 from here. The problem may still be internal but then we'll know.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Hello all. I have problems with my zgemma h2h and constant freezing of vm channels. I bought an nline from eBay and its stuttering constantly. Has anyone got a test line that I could use with a view to buy a subscription from them if it works? Not pleased as eBay seller is ignoring me also, thanks all

Thank you snapper for your quick response and help. I guess I should know better than to assume eBay would work. Nevermind Cheers mate

Hi all, I have a Zgemma Openbox Star HD1 which worked absolutely fine for the first couple of months. It's currently loaded on a VM skin and gives me awful lot of trouble. It freezes on most channels except BBC one, news and some of the free to air ones. When I change the channels, it takes almost like 5 minutes before I get any reception. And this reception only lasts a few minutes before freezing again. I would be delighted if someone could provide me with some assistance.

just got a zgemma star 2s and line is fine on my f5 box in the kitchen but the zgemma s2 freezes like all all you guys and its very annoying, my suppler allows 3 boxes on the same ip so thats not a problem has anyone found an answer to the problem ?

Hi my H2H plays well but I find that any control of the box is lost when the waiting ring sign comes up. What is showing does not freeze just the control as though it catching up for a minute or s
The sign seem to come up at random for reasons I do not know.
Iv tried reducing the definition on sd and hd thinking it info overload, but it had no effect.
I also though it might be rushing control but the waiting ring sign shows at times when nothing except the film or show is on, it does not effect the show.
I get a time shift near full message to reset some times when Im not used it and wonder if that could be a cause?
Any one else had this freeze of control and can suggest a repair I could try
Harry
I

Check your time shift is disabled
Try removing plugins that you don't use
Set up a swap file
Set up cache flush
Update your image or reflash if your still experiencing problems after that

I had this problem on my zgemma. i gave the box a static ip address in network settings and turned off dhcp.
Now every time the box is switched in the server recognises the same ip address and has worked ok for the last 2 weeks with no freezing.

Box keeps freezing on certain channels is it easy to get a new line and how do I get one cheers

---------- Post Merged at 09:07 PM ----------

Hello all. I have problems with my zgemma h2h and constant freezing of vm channels Has anyone got a test line that I could use with a view to buy a subscription from them if it works

Im now suddenly getting this exact issue bud...What was your solution please? I too have a F5S box and am using a line from exact same supplier and its fine???? This is a multiroom line on the Zgemma. I use LAN plugs but NEVER bben a issue and everthing else i have in the lounge area that uses the same do not have a issue as far as i know.
Th line supplier is adamant its not a issue his end as he always does, i have been with him 3 years now and all been fine so tend to believe him. Can i check anything on the box in settings to prove its the internet connection please?? need help the missus and kids are getting onto me :beg:
Cheers
Hk

yous are all saying that the line yous were using on the f5s was working perfect but when yous put the same line onto your new zgemmas yous all had issues. as sucmnsee said earlier make sure yous are using the same cam either cccam or mgcamd. to go into it a bit deeper try using the same version of the cam i.e. if using cccam use the same version as you would on the f5s which is 2.1.4, i bet you are all using 2.3.0. problem is you wont be able to decript 2 channels at the same time with 2.1.4 meaning you cant watch and record at same time! for testing purposes try cccam2.1.4. if that works then either stick with it and forget about recording or you could ask your provider to change his cccam settings on his server to 2.3.0 to match yours. if he has real local cards he shouldnt mind as the 256 trick wont work with cams higher than 2.1.4

yous are all saying that the line yous were using on the f5s was working perfect but when yous put the same line onto your new zgemmas yous all had issues. as sucmnsee said earlier make sure yous are using the same cam either cccam or mgcamd. to go into it a bit deeper try using the same version of the cam i.e. if using cccam use the same version as you would on the f5s which is 2.1.4, i bet you are all using 2.3.0. problem is you wont be able to decript 2 channels at the same time with 2.1.4 meaning you cant watch and record at same time! for testing purposes try cccam2.1.4. if that works then either stick with it and forget about recording or you could ask your provider to change his cccam settings on his server to 2.3.0 to match yours. if he has real local cards he shouldnt mind as the 256 trick wont work with cams higher than 2.1.4

Was fine from the start, this is a new issue i have come across . The provider has said my external IP is connecting to the server without a issue , im just not getting it. The internet connection isnt needed to be mega or nowt. I think it might be the lan plugs. Is there a decent wireless option for these boxes???

Last edited:
hi, ive also gone from f5s to zgemma h2 and starting to have problems!! i think either my line is dropping or there is an issue with softcam mgcamd_1.38r1 as sometimes if i restart this my line will come back and appear in the bottom lefthand corner. this is in "services" and softcam panel v2

Back