Channels not working

howmuch

Hi chaps having a nightmare here in sheffield with my a850 the sheffield I'd net is off the menu as is Barnsley been gone for a while, but have lost sky sport news and loads of others just come up a channel scrambled tried reboot of router plus tried loads of resets any ideas please many thanks

did you try a rescan without doing a factory reset,for some reason net ids are not coming up in a few areas,kv need to find out why,if you have a vm or tivo box get the provider and net id off that.

Hi kidda I'm just a dimwit 50 odd year old all on with iPhone never mind anything tech lol but I did check as told on another post to check VM in my area and everything is A1 just the KV team are working on that new firmwear thingymibob thanks

Thanks kiddo I looked at other posts so checked for any local issues re VM everything is good so must be a KV issue I hope they are working on new firmwear thing I'm too old for tech stuff I have the new A850hd thanks for your help

Tried Everything, I think!

Rescan, reset, factory reset, reboot, checked splitter, result either no signal or 20-30 minutes before it drops out, signal strength on rescan 77, could this be the problem, no problems reported by service provider, getting increasingly worse over the last 4 weeks despite installing a new superhub recently.

Any help/advice appreciated,

Regards

Lammyman

Hello lammy.. Was your box working OK prior to superhub..? Is your box an 850 HD or 780 as I know there were some issues a while back with the 850/ super hub...! What channels do you get.. FTA only or..? PS " no signal " is usually a vermin feed/connection problem.. Ted pps just checked my signal strength and fluctuating between 72 & 77... And not a single scram or no vid yet so its a problem in your gaff !

Last edited:
Hi Ted, it's a 780 and problems started before superhub, only getting FTA when down, screen message "Scrambled or no video", Lammyman

Rescanned, signal strength like yours 72-77, just drops out after about 60 seconds, looks like box problem unfortunately don't have alternative to try!!

Last edited:
Cactikid, on an A780 how do you check/set the Net ID? It's the one thing I have not tried!! Cheers Lammyman

PS I have the correct Net ID

Last edited:
on your providers box it gives all info frequency symbol rate and qam ,all info is put into your factory reset kv on manual scan settings and scanned that should bring up info and then autoscan should see your net id then.

remember always scan from direct feed no splitters.

What is your net Id lammy and we can see if its a local problem as no other folk reporting same fault as you.... Yet..! Haha..

From what you say the channels are being picked up but showing "scramble or no video" which would indicate a net connection, a wired connection between box and router is best, if using a wired connection, change cable and port on the router

The net id I have from my Starview days (yeh I know) is Leicester 00012 739000 6887, but I cannot find any reference to this on the KV during a rescan as Cactikid suggests above?

Currently using wireless network, I'll get a hardwire tomorrow and give that a try.

you dont,it can only be got off a providers box ,so i suggest check who has one to get your info off.

as in post10:eyes:

Using your subbed box... Not the KV box.

Press the home button on your VM remote control.
Go to settings.
Then technical stuff.
Your net id is the first item on the list.

Last edited:
can i just add that signal strengh of 70/72 is a signal that you may find if you dont have any sub from vermin i use a konig booster as i have no sub and my signal is 70 - 72 and with the exception of ITV+1 i recieve all the channels i can tweak to get that channel if i wanted but my tv has it anyways but even so last night my channels went off in 2 stages all documentary channels then all the others followed and still of this morning with no reported errors at the vermin status page thats up in gateshead

Back