charge PSP by USB

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
once upon a time i was able to charge the PSP via a USB cable from the laptop. since i have installed custom firmware i no longer have this option, does anyone know can i do anything to get it back.
Thanks in advance,
Wheelo

I have custom firmware on my PSP wheelo, and the charging option works fine.

Try going to System Settings and see if "USB Charge" is set to on, and then try the USB cable in the PSP.

Found this elsewhere,

To charge psp using a USB charging cable.

*1 - Turn your playstation portable
On.

*2 - Go to
Settings.

*3 - In the settings options go to
System Settings.

*4- In the system settings,select
USB charge and press the button.

*5 - Choose
ON and press the button to enable USB charging.If at any time you wish to disable the USB charging,select OFF and press the button.

*6 - Now plug in the USB charging cable to your psp,and the other end to your PC,
laptop or other suitable USB device.

*7 - Go to
settings and choose USB connection,press the button to place the system into USB charging mode.You now may notice a sound and the power indicator light will turn orange.Your system will now be starting to charge.

When using the USB charging option you may notice that the auto sleep feature may not work.

thanks lads, but that option is no longer there, i knew how to access it, but it dissappeared on one of the occasions that i updated firmware:whistling: aint technology great???

Custom Firmware 5.50 GEN-D3 dan:gamer: this is the latest one available, but i think it happened before then

Hmmm...

Turn the PSP off, then keep your finger on the R Trigger, whilst doing so - switch the PSP on. This should bring up the recovery menu, then go to configuration and see if you can enable "Charge battery when USB cable plugged to enabled by hitting X. Then back and exit.

I like you train of thought Dan, but alas, i dont have that option in either configuration or advanced configuration. any other ideas, ladies and gents??

Back