Techkings

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Citroen Picassso year 2000 central locking playing up the locking mechanism

chris150272

Registered
Hi there I have a Citroen Picassso year 2000 central locking playing up the locking mechanism became loose inside door drivers side a few months ago I sorted that but now central locking playing up if I try with the fob it doesn't work it locks and then unlocks straight away, lock the car with the key on the passenger side everything works ie I can lock with the fob and unlock but the passenger door stays locked if I unlock the passenger side from the inside I mine by hand am back to square one does anyone have any advice it would be appreciated

cactikid

VIP Member
Modern locks dont have a long life with electronics built in like a lazy solenoid which is part of lock,check first wiring loom at door for broken wires.

rs500nutter

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Yeah will either be the contact in the solenoid or a broken wire in the door harness because they go brittle over time and wear out the outer protection with years of doors opening and closing etc had a simular fault on a ford galaxy where the central locking was intermittent and every now n then the windows would wind down by themselves due to the wires shorting out :(y):