Citroen Picassso year 2000 central locking playing up the locking mechanism

Hi there I have a Citroen Picassso year 2000 central locking playing up the locking mechanism became loose inside door drivers side a few months ago I sorted that but now central locking playing up if I try with the fob it doesn't work it locks and then unlocks straight away, lock the car with the key on the passenger side everything works ie I can lock with the fob and unlock but the passenger door stays locked if I unlock the passenger side from the inside I mine by hand am back to square one does anyone have any advice it would be appreciated

Modern locks dont have a long life with electronics built in like a lazy solenoid which is part of lock,check first wiring loom at door for broken wires.

Yeah will either be the contact in the solenoid or a broken wire in the door harness because they go brittle over time and wear out the outer protection with years of doors opening and closing etc had a simular fault on a ford galaxy where the central locking was intermittent and every now n then the windows would wind down by themselves due to the wires shorting out :(y):

Back