Connecting PC to TV using a VGA Cable

Hi Babs - Try this.
I presume you are connecting a flat screen tv to your pc to act as the main monitor.
i had this problem and it was a bugger having to switch monitors to get the right resolution.
Hook your small monitor up - turn on as normal, right click anywhere on the desktop and choose properties, choose settings, set screen resolution to either 800 x 600 0r 1024 x 768
go to advanced tab and choose screen refresh rate 60hz.
turn off computer, hook up flat screen and turn on comp,
choose pc input on your remote control and you should be good to go
hope this helps

thanks knot iv just done that and hooray got it working thanks to everyone for there help.can i just put the moniter back on as normal:)

thanks knot iv just done that and hooray got it working thanks to everyone for there help.can i just put the moniter back on as normal:)
Glad to see you are up and running,
Yeah you can just switch monitors anytime now as your graphics card is set up to run on your big screen,
your small monitor will automatically tune into the new settings as it has more dpi settings to choose from
Play around with the settings on the big screen, as in right click again, properties, choose a higher setting and click ok if your screen flickers and comes back, choose these new settings.
if your screen flickers and says out of range or no signal DON`T worry ! This will reverse in 15 seconds with windows default. This way you will find out your big screens limits.
Knotaclu

Vga / hdmi

Ihave just bought o vga cable from feabay but when I got home found that I have the vga 15 pin on the pc ok but the tv only has hdmi connection and usb connection do I need some sort of adaptor.Any help appreciated.

Vga/hdmi

tks all but was wondering as I just bought it today and if I contacted the buyer could they change it to the correct one.

Back