Constantly Freezing IPTV Channels

Duvylobve

Hi All,

My current STB is a VU+ DUO2 ( six years old) which i use to stream IPTV channels via an Ethernet LAN cable connection.

My current image is OpenATV combined with Wooshbuild Infinity 6.4 and Jedimaker plugins

Meanwhile, most of my IPTV channels freeze at least every five minutes and I complained to my IPTV provider but he made me realize this issue is only peculiar to me and that other customers are not complaining

My question to everyone here is, do I replace my VU+ DUO2 STB which is six years old or my Samsung LED TV which is 10 years old?

I welcome all your suggestions

Thank you

Duvy

The duo2 is more than capable of streaming IPTV.

What internet speed do you have ?

Can you put the sub on a mobile phone and see how well it works there on your network and via data. This will give us some clues what is going on.

The duo2 is more than capable of streaming IPTV.

What internet speed do you have ?

Can you put the sub on a mobile phone and see how well it works there on your network and via data. This will give us some clues what is going on.
1678707497673.png

☝️.....that is my average speed test. The LAN cable connected to the DUO2 is from a mains internet adaptor as the actual router is far away. When I stream the same playlist on the XCIPTV mobile app, the performance is slightly better compared to my old Samsung LED TV.
Meanwhile, can a TV have any effect on IPTV streaming?

View attachment 88951

☝️.....that is my average speed test. The LAN cable connected to the DUO2 is from a mains internet adaptor as the actual router is far away. When I stream the same playlist on the XCIPTV mobile app, the performance is slightly better compared to my old Samsung LED TV.
If it's not much different on your Android app/device, it's pointing towards it being your provider.
I assume you have disabled your ISP nanny settings etc?

Have you tried a VPN?

View attachment 88951

Nothing wrong with that for IPTV.

So as suggested try your account on your phone. If it is just as bad its your provider take some test on the IPTV request thread and see if they are better.

Sorry what do you mean by this☝️. what is nanny settings?
When you test on mobile try it with and without wifi enabled , if it freezes when on wifi only then the "nanny settings " referred to above may be the issue. Depending on your ISP , Sky. BT. Talk Talk etc , there will be security settings you can disable in their app.

When you test on mobile try it with and without wifi enabled , if it freezes when on wifi only then the "nanny settings " referred to above may be the issue. Depending on your ISP , Sky. BT. Talk Talk etc , there will be security settings you can disable in their app.
ok. thanks

Have you not tried service app I think it’s called or even changing stream type in Jedi and stream player.
For xciptv you’ve tried there has been a couple of issues with the app is your providers app uptodate (xciptv) also change stream type to m3u8 and also change from exoplayer to vlc

try rebooting your router , I read it loads on here but something I never do after recent problems I rebooted it and hey presto worked a treat

Have you not tried service app I think it’s called or even changing stream type in Jedi and stream player.
For xciptv you’ve tried there has been a couple of issues with the app is your providers app uptodate (xciptv) also change stream type to m3u8 and also change from exoplayer to vlc

So what stream type do you recommend for Jedimaker plugin as i could not find any option for stream type in the settings?
For the XCIPTV mobile app, the only stream type options there is MPEGTS or HLS. Which do you recommend?

Last edited:
So what stream type do you recommend for Jedimaker plugin as i could not find any option for stream type in the settings?
For the XCIPTV mobile app, the only stream type options there is MPEGTS or HLS. Which do you recommend?
HLS bud for xciptv and in Jedi you can change to dvb I haven’t touched Jedi for a couple of years now so things may have changed

Back