Control zgemma h2s no remote

joespecs

Hey folks,

Been a while since I have been on here. Recently came across my old zgemma h2s box and was going to use it for iptv. I booted up and works a treat. Unfortunately it is stuck om UTV, tried to tuen over but the remote wouldn't work. I tried changing the batteries and also holding buttons down for 3 sec but no joy. I ordered a new remote of amazon

Original Zgemma Remote Control for Star S / 2S / H1: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Put new batteries and same thing with the remote.

Any ideas if there is another way to control the box to setup iptv or the box as good as dead?

Thanks in advance
Joe

Hey folks,

Been a while since I have been on here. Recently came across my old zgemma h2s box and was going to use it for iptv. I booted up and works a treat. Unfortunately it is stuck om UTV, tried to tuen over but the remote wouldn't work. I tried changing the batteries and also holding buttons down for 3 sec but no joy. I ordered a new remote of amazon

Original Zgemma Remote Control for Star S / 2S / H1: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Put new batteries and same thing with the remote.

Any ideas if there is another way to control the box to setup iptv or the box as good as dead?

Thanks in advance
Joe
Easy way around this is to type the box ip address into google browser and it will connect to openwebif. On the left you will see a duel arrow icon above the number 3. Click on it and it will give you a remote looking icon and will allow you to use it as a normal remote control. Try changing a few functions and if no joy reflash your box with grogbuild and try.

Easy way around this is to type the box ip address into google browser and it will connect to openwebif. On the left you will see a duel arrow icon above the number 3. Click on it and it will give you a remote looking icon and will allow you to use it as a normal remote control. Try changing a few functions and if no joy reflash your box with grogbuild and try.
How can I get the ip off it if no remote to check its menu settings?

Thx bud, think the wife spilt her water over the remote last night (not owning up to it though) & looks like she killed it! Didn't see those little arrows, so at least I can still watch the footie/UFC/GP - well done wifey

Thx bud, think the wife spilt her water over the remote last night (not owning up to it though) & looks like she killed it! Didn't see those little arrows, so at least I can still watch the footie/UFC/GP - well done wifey
there are also android remote controle apps on play store for enigma2 and zgemma

Yep been trying one out but doubt the wife will be able to work it, so probably means buying new. Will try taking the old one apart first to have a look but as new is about £8 on Amazon then not worth too much bother.

Carefully split the remote casing apart & checked the board & the surface mnt chip, all looked fine. Gave it all a clean with some iso propanol but still appx half the buttons don't work anymore, so guess it is a new one off of Amazon for wifey then...

Update is that new remote has arrived & working & within hours looked over & she was asleep with her coffee cup tipping it's contents out all over the new one so after shouting followed by a big argument managed to dry out the new one & it's still working. Hope the silicon covers turn up soon or I can see her killing this one as well.

Back