Covid-19 the second wave

the third wave " more deadly than the previous waves " set to be introduced mid to late january,, unfair how the economy has been totally trashed by the government....the politicians are all rotten to the core. sooner rather than later the people need to stand up against this before its to late for us all.

the third wave " more deadly than the previous waves " set to be introduced mid to late january,, unfair how the economy has been totally trashed by the government....the politicians are all rotten to the core. sooner rather than later the people need to stand up against this before its to late for us all.

Do you have a source for this prediction please?

how have the government trashed the economy? too many smart arse charlies with no answers calling everyone else. its easy to close the gate after the horse has bolted.
the government have been presented with an "unknown" as have the rest of the world. they have spent billions of pounds on ppe and furlough and are doing a good job. shame the selfish idiots in society keep undoing the good efforts of us all in lockdown with parties, social gatherings and scant regard or value to life!

how have the government trashed the economy? too many smart arse charlies with no answers calling everyone else. its easy to close the gate after the horse has bolted.
the government have been presented with an "unknown" as have the rest of the world. they have spent billions of pounds on ppe and furlough and are doing a good job. shame the selfish idiots in society keep undoing the good efforts of us all in lockdown with parties, social gatherings and scant regard or value to life!
If you read the other 1000 posts in this thread you'll find that a large percentage of them are posted by commies using the virus as an excuse to try and bolster support for their dying cause by attacking everything the government have done.
Even though the opposition have agreed and voted for every measure

And then he woke up and had his breakfast !

the government have been presented with an "unknown" as have the rest of the world.

The UK government weren't presented with an unknown, they had the benefit of seeing the pandemic taking hold in other countries and were very slow to lockdown.

they have spent billions of pounds on ppe and furlough and are doing a good job.

A hell of a lot of businesses followed government advice to be able to open safely and were forced back into furlough against their will. In spite of there being no evidence transmission is high there, industries like the pub trade, live sport venues and the beauty industry have been singled out for more harsh measures than some other industries.

shame the selfish idiots in society keep undoing the good efforts of us all in lockdown with parties, social gatherings and scant regard or value to life!

This is one thing that strikes me as particularly strange. It seems those who want the pubs to open most are insistent on continuing to gather in private locations. Too thick to realise they're prolonging the situation for themselves

Lets hope the tier restrictions will actually bring infections down.

Of course they will rise again during the Christmas period where such restrictions will be relaxed.

The UK government weren't presented with an unknown, they had the benefit of seeing the pandemic taking hold in other countries and were very slow to lockdown.
I mean unkown as in a raging pandemic affecting the whole world at the same time. How would they know to lockdown? there is no manual saying how to beat a pandemic like covid19.
If Boris would have called a lockdown earlier then critics would be whinging that it is unnecessary, in situations like this no matter what action the government takes it will be criticised. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Fingers crossed January does not see another rise in deaths but this free for all over christmas time could be catastrophic in the long term as everyone goes mental!

Covid 19 has just me cost me my job the company i worked for a very large construction company put me in a unsafe position by saying i had to work with someone who i believe was a high covid risk because we were unable to abide by the 2 mtr rule and if i refused i would face disciplinary action they backed me in to corner work unsafe or do not work so i had to resign

Covid 19 has just me cost me my job the company i worked for a very large construction company put me in a unsafe position by saying i had to work with someone who i believe was a high covid risk because we were unable to abide by the 2 mtr rule and if i refused i would face disciplinary action they backed me in to corner work unsafe or do not work so i had to resign

Take legal advice, you might have a case for constructive dismissal. Early in the pandemic people were being advised to read Section 44 of the Employment Rights Act and use that as guidance, it might have some relevance in your treatment.

I'm sorry you're out of work, hope something else comes up soon.

I mean unkown as in a raging pandemic affecting the whole world at the same time. How would they know to lockdown? there is no manual saying how to beat a pandemic like covid19.

It didn't happen in the whole world at exactly the same time, the countries affected by it later than others had the benefit of seeing how other countries were dealing with it - in the UK's case, Italy, France and Spain were all near neighbours who were hit hard and in lockdown. Our government accepted planes full of football fans from Spain in this time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing... so is foresight.

It didn't happen in the whole world at exactly the same time, the countries affected by it later than others had the benefit of seeing how other countries were dealing with it - in the UK's case, Italy, France and Spain were all near neighbours who were hit hard and in lockdown. Our government accepted planes full of football fans from Spain in this time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing... so is foresight.
Yeah not at the immediate same time I agree but in the same timeframe of a few months rather than years. As I say after things have happened and the results don't turn out as expected/wanted then people start coming up with clever answers all after the event. Boris and his team did what they thought was right in the circumstances and I have no qualms about it at all.
It's easy to criticise but harder to give praise. Good luck with your crystal ball.

Take legal advice, you might have a case for constructive dismissal. Early in the pandemic people were being advised to read Section 44 of the Employment Rights Act and use that as guidance, it might have some relevance in your treatment.

I'm sorry you're out of work, hope something else comes up soon.
Thanks for your advice i emailed all the senior managers in the company with my concerns and the reply i received was that you are a key worker so the 2 mtrs rule does not apply

Thanks for your advice i emailed all the senior managers in the company with my concerns and the reply i received was that you are a key worker so the 2 mtrs rule does not apply
If they are providing you with PPE then I can't see a problem with working.
If you pack in you'll be joining an extremely long dole queue. 25,000 more joining in next few days with Phil Green's shops shutting down

Mmmmm loads of people are working regardless of a 2 metre rule, were other workers on the site abiding by the 2 metre rule, if so I think you will not have a case here.
Had you been working for the company a long time? You don't get any benefits if you walk out of a job either.

Tbf they've had enough time to get their risk assessments in place so I'd be inclined to think they'll have covered their arses. Unless you had specific concerns about the individual you'd been asked to work alongside then you might struggle... say for example he was openly blasé about social distancing in general and you'd expressed concerns about working with him in particular on those grounds then you'd certainly have the right for your employer to listen to your concerns. But a refusal to work within 2m of anyone at all, you're up against it imo.

Do you have a source for this prediction please?
if you watch your news channel today you will see the rise of a new deadly strain, the next deadly wave will roll out , it,s not to difficult to see this for what it is,.the biggest scam in modern times, using a pcr test to fool you all.

if you watch your news channel today you will see the rise of a new deadly strain, the next deadly wave will roll out , it,s not to difficult to see this for what it is,.the biggest scam in modern times, using a pcr test to fool you all.

So all this is fake and this new strain is fake and people who have died is not real also?

You buy into all the conspiracy theories out there then?

So every country in the world is in on the big scam? Not one government out of them all has refused to be part of this huge con? They all simultaneously agreed to mislead their people?

With all due respect, I think the one who's been fooled is you.

Back