Covid-19 the second wave

Second covid strain even worse than the first according to news channels.
Originated in S Africa apparently.
Lots more E, SW & SE England going into tier 4 from 0:01 Boxing day

Yes it is worrying to say the least. Even with lockdown likely in the new year they are saying its spreading fast and is getting out of control with infection rate.

Some have said vaccine may need to be adapated for this new strain.

Seems UK is isolated from rest of the world we bans on travel from people from UK and borders closed.

The Oxford vaccine is very close to being passed for use in the UK.
We have 30 million doses ready to roll according to what I read last week.
No special storage/transportation required so if all goes well, within a month or two the majority of high risk people could be vaccinated

The Oxford vaccine is very close to being passed for use in the UK.
We have 30 million doses ready to roll according to what I read last week.
No special storage/transportation required so if all goes well, within a month or two the majority of high risk people could be vaccinated

Lets hope so mate

Sooner this new virus strain gets under control the better for all concerned.

We dont was lockdown after lockdown or tough restrictions constantly we need to move forward and hope the vaccine gives a positive outcome going forward.

The new strain has been around since September at least and has recently started to become the mainline of covid in the south

It's much more tranmisable and can push stable areas into exponential growth

The mutation is similar to the south African one but it's thought to have arisen independently.

It's no more potent however in terms of death and hospitalisations

The gov has published lots of good info on the new mutation

Please everyone follow this doctor on YouTube

He gives daily scientific updates

He is concise, sober and consistent

Haha for sure.

But he's well ahead of what's hitting news bulletins, and his updates are lunch break ready.

Esp when there's drama in the conspiracy circles re mutations, very easy to go back and he breaks all the numbers and reading down.

I cant see bojo doing that personally.

If anything will see if stricter restrictions or some sort of lockdowns in areas if need be. But a national lockdown dont think will happen unless infection rate continues to get out of hand.

Tbf I think over three quarters of the country are in the most severe restrictions already so it's probably just a matter of time till the rest follow and it's national.

Even with Christmas and New years over have seen LOADS of people going to neigbours houses so some still dont learn or just dont give a damn about the current situation.

What can you do with such people.

Yeah it was inevitable. Too many mixing and mini parties. I can't blame them though as to many different rules everywhere. First lockdown was effective as all same across the nation

First lockdown was effective as all same across the nation

I agree. Before they started putting extra rules in for child care, single parents, elderly etc. It gave the impression the "rules" were open to interpretation imo and people abuse it.

Reactions: m4u
I know quite a few people who work at my local large hospital. They say the reason the second wave government panic and lockdown restrictions are been put in place is because of hospital staff shortages due to large numbers self isolating.

This includes cleaners, porters, cooks, drivers, admin you name it. 10's of 1000's off work at anyone time.

There's no shortages of room but if you haven't got enough staff to keep this huge NHS cog running the at some point the sh!t will hit the fan hence the Gov go into panic mode.

We got notified yesterday that kids school was having an emergency training day to work with who on whether safe or not for kids and staff to return

Back